Prof. Bernd Froehlich is a full professor with the Media Faculty at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar. His research interests include real-time rendering, visualization, 2D and 3D interfaces, multiviewer display technology, and support for tight collaboration in colocated and distributed virtual environments. Froehlich has a PhD in computer science from the Technical University of Braunschweig. He is a cofounder of the IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces and received the 2008 Virtual Reality Technical Achievement Award.
- Since 2001 Professor of Virtual Reality Systems at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- 1998 - 2001 Senior researcher with the VMSD group at the GMD (Dr. Martin Göbel), St.Augustin
- 1995 - 1997 Research associate with the Computer Graphics group in Computer Science (Prof. Pat Hanrahan), Stanford University
- 1994 Visiting researcher Computer Graphics group (Prof. Richard Bartels), University of Waterloo
- 1993 - 1995 Postdoc with the viswiz group at GMD (Dr. Wolfgang Krüger), St. Augustin
- 1992/1993 Visiting researcher Computer Graphics group (Prof. Omaira Rodriguez, Prof. Marco Paluszny), Universidad Central de Venezuela
- 1989 - 1993 Research assistant with the CAGD group (Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Boehm), Technical University of Braunschweig
- 1988 - 1989 Research assistant with the Graphics group (Prof. Hans Hagen), University of Kaiserslautern
- 1982 - 1988 Studies of computer science at the Technical University of Braunschweig
- Basic and applied research in Virtual Reality and 2D and 3D User Interfaces
- Visualization and rendering algorithms for very large image, volume and CAD datasets
- Information visualization of static and dynamic graphs
- Visual text analytics
Citation Index: check my google scholar page.