The easiest way to reach Budapest and the BME is by plane or by train. We have quite close flight contacts to the most European cities. We tried to collect all the possible ways how to reach our Department.
By Budapest public transport:
- Metro: Line 4, Szent Gellért tér
- Tram 4, 6: Petőfi híd, budai hídfő (Petőfi bridge, Buda abutment at Goldmann György square)
- Tram 18, 19, 47, 49: Szent Gellért tér (at Szabadság bridge, Buda abutment)
- Bus 212: Petőfi híd, budai hídfő
- Bus 7, 86: Szent Gellért tér
From main train stations:
- Déli pu. (South railway station): by tram 18 to Szent Gellért tér
- Kelenföldi pu. (Kelenföld railway station): by tram 19, 49 to Szent Gellért tér
- Keleti pu. (East railway station): by red subway to Blaha Lujza tér, by tram 4 or 6 to Petőfi híd, budai hídfő; or by bus 7 to Szent Gellért tér
- Nyugati pu. (West railway station): by tram 4, 6 to Petőfi híd, budai hídfő
From Ferihegy Airport:
- By train from the Airport Terminal 2 to the Nyugati pu. and further by Tram 4, 6.
Price: about 5 Euro
- By taxi from the Airport Terminal 2 to the university or to the hotels (the easiest way)
Price: about 25 Euro
- By the AirportShuttle-Minibus (www.airportshuttle.hu). Previous booking is possible.
Price: about 12 Euro
- By bus 200E to Kőbánya-Kispest subway station, by blue subway to the stop “Corvin negyed”, by tram 4, 6 to “Petőfi híd, budai hídfő “.
Price: about 5-8 Euro
From highways by vehicle:
- M1 (E60, E75), M7 (E71): M1-M7 - Budaörsi út - Nagyszőlős u. - Bocskai út - Október 23. u. - Irinyi József u. - Műegyetem rakpart
- M3 (E71): M3 - Hungária körút - Könyves Kálmán körút - Lágymányosi híd - Pázmány Péter sétány - Műegyetem rakpart
- M5 (E75): M5 - Nagykőrösi út - Gyáli út - Könyves Kálmán körút - Lágymányosi híd - Pázmány Péter sétány - Műegyetem rakpart
June in Budapest, is almost the hottest month of the year, The average daily temperature is 21°C. During the day, the temperatures reach average highs around 26°C and at night, they sink to a comfortable average low of 16°C. Both high and low temperatures rise a little bit in the course of the month, respectively from 26°C to 27°C and from 15°C to 16°C. This is definitely the peak of summer in Budapest! Since it’s pretty hot, take some light clothes suitable for summers and don’t forget to take sun cream. Sudden spells of rain can come about, so taking an umbrella with you, just in case, would be a good idea. Warm summer evenings can also be enjoyed.
Have a nice trip and welcome to Budapest!