Engineering Diploma (1981) Institute for Civil Engineering Bucharest, Romania
MSc. (1986), Technion Israel Institute of Technology
Ph.D. (1990), Technion Israel Institute of Technology
- 1983-1989: Teaching and Research Assistant, Technon - Israel Institute of Technology
- Since 1990: Stanford University
- Associate Editor of the ASCE Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering (1997-present).
- Guest Editor of Special Issue on Computing and Information Technology in AEC Education, ASCE Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering (1997-present)
- Member of Board of Editors of International Journal of Computer-Integrated Design and Construction (CIDAC) (1997-present)
- Member of American Association of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) (1991-present).
- Member of American Society of Civil Engineering (ASCE) (1992-present). ASCE TCCP Member of Expert System Committee (AI&ES), (1992-present) and Member of Education Committee, (1994-present), Vice-Chair (1997-1998), Chair (1998-2000).
- Member of American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) (1996-present).
- Member of the European Group for Structural Applications of Artificial Intelligence.
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of "Structural Engineering Review" Journal.
- Member of the International Advisory Board of AI in Design, 1991-present.
- Member of the International Advisory & Editorial Board of AICIVIL-COMP 1989-present.
- Member of International Program Committee for IFIP 97.
- Associate member of the Committee for the Revision of the Israeli Code 413 for Earthquake Resistant Design, 1984-1989.