Here you will find information about useful software, central IT services, our e-learning platform »Moodle« and the conference tool »BigBlueButton« for online meetings.
Micrososoft Office 365 ProPlus is available free of charge to students of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar on the basis of a state contract with Microsoft. The use of the software is bound to the time of the university affiliation and is only allowed on private computers (up to 5 devices; Microsoft and Macintosh)! This is NOT access to the Microsoft Azure Cloud.
You will receive the latest version of the programs listed below for local installation on your private computer via download.
Which programs can I get?
Welche Programme kann ich erhalten?
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (for Windows and Macintosh)
- Available for Windows only: Access, Publisher, InfoPath, Lync
- Generally not included: Cloud services like Sharepoint and Skydrive
How can I download Office 365 ProPlus?
- The Office products can be downloaded via the Microsoft portal. In order to log in, you must first register for use via our Office365 page. Please register first on the following page: https://shibbo.scc.uni-weimar.de/office365/register
- You will then receive a separate login by e-mail, which you can use to log in to Microsoft on the following page: https://login.microsoftonline.com/login.srf
- There you can access the installation files of the available programs. You download these and install them on your private computer.
Is an Internet connection required to use Office 365 ProPlus?
- An Internet connection is essential for the installation and registration of Office. You can then also use Office offline.
For further information and support please contact our » Service Centre for Computer Systems and Communication (SCC)
Collaborative Work (Test)
A collaborative file editing function in Büro-Office format is currently being tested. This is based on the open source software Collabora. Access is only available through a browser.
To run courses without attendance, the university uses the conference tool »BigBlueButton« (BBB). This allows groups to meet in virtual rooms, to get in touch with each other via video and sound as well as via public and private chats and to show or share presentations.
To make it easier for you to prepare for digital studies, we have set up a »BigBueButton« test room for you. Via the link below you can enter this room at any time and test the settings of your computer.
Please note that you may meet other testers in the room. Please do not change the basic settings of the virtual room either, otherwise it may no longer function.
To the BBB test room: