In case of suggestions, problems, and complaints international students can contact the International Student Ombudsperson. The International Student Ombudsperson is a central university position that handles suggestions and complaints of international students with the aim to investigate cases and hence work towards satisfactory solutions including all involved parties - whereas strict confidentiality is maintained at all times. The ombudsperson functions as mediator between the university and students, and supports the dialogue with university teachers, students, and other entities of the university.
- are an international student at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- have suggestions to improve the quality of study
- have general issues related to your studies
- got an apparently unsolvable problem with your studies and do not know anyone who can help you
- tried unsuccessfully to talk with other persons about your concerns
then get in touch with the ombudsperson for international students. We will try to find a solution together with you - and if requested, will treat your case anonymously.
This post is held by Prof. Dr. Jutta Emes. The deputy of the international Student Ombudsperson is Dr. Christian Kästner, Head of the International Office.