The Bauhaus Research School supports PHD candidates on low income with the publication of their doctorate thesis by providing a grant towards printing costs of maximum 400 Euros.
This grant is offered to only those PHD candidates who are not employed or are not part of a structured PHD programme (with own funding like a DFG funded research training group). Required is:
- form, describing your current situation, the dates of submission/defense/publication
- the filled out form "Rückzahlung verauslagter Sachkosten"
- original bills in hard copy
Please note: the bills must clearly state the name of the doctoral candidate in the billing address and include a reference to the Ph.D. thesis and the exact information about type and amount of the print and binder works, e.g.:
8 Exemplare der Dissertation (je 250 Seiten, s/w), Druck & Bindung
We can only refund printing costs that have been culminated in the period of 6 months before the application. Applications can be submitted respectively till 01 June and till 01 November of the specific year.
DEADLINE extended to 15th of November 2020!
The grant will be refunded in accordance with the available annual funds.
Bauhaus Research School
Marienstraße 14 (room 203)
Tel. +49 (0) 3643/58 41 20
Fax +49 (0) 3643/58 41 01
The BRS provides a limited number of workspaces for its BRS Members. These workspaces are located at the Marienstr. 14. Usage of the workspaces is limited to a period of 1 year with possibility of extension upon request. We will provide you access to the premises with your thoska card and you can use the workplace around the clock.
There are 2 types of workstations at the BRS:
Type A comes fully equipped with a computer, monitor, keyboard, wireless LAN, storage containers and cabinets.
Type B provides a desk, chair, cabinet space, telephone and access to wireless LAN, however it does not include IT infrastructure.
Waiting List: Members interested in using a workstation are required to register themselves on the waiting list. The waiting list works on a first-come-first-serve basis. Contact: meeta.wolff[at]uni-weimar.de
Thanks to a cooperation with the university library young scientists can now use more up to date literature on academic writing. For our members and the users of our BRS work stations we offer a special service: we established a "Handapparat" (a local stock of literature) in our rooms:
- Wissenschaftssprache Deutsch (2011)
- Einführung in die deutsche Sprache der Wissenschaften (2009)
- MLA handbook for writers of research papers (2009)
- Academic writing. A handbook for international students. (2011)
- A manual for writers of research papers, theses, and dissertations (7. Ausgabe, 2007)
- Academic vocabulary in use (5. Ausgabe, 2011)
- Academic Writing from paragraph to essay (2005)
- Langenscheidt pocket Vietnamese dictionary
- Langenscheidt pocket Mandarin Chinese dictionary
- A dictionary of modern written Arabic
- Oxford Essential Arabic Dictionary
The Bauhaus Research School produces a newsletter in regular intervals, informing our members and members of the Bauhaus-Üniversität Weimar about the current events and affairs that might interest young researchers and artists.
To keep yourself informed you may subscribe to the newsletter below.