- Interest in different phenomena in media, cultural and everyday life
- Willingness to engage in unconventional research topics and perspectives
- Passion for open questions, long and sometimes extremely long theoretical texts and the scientific practice of wonder
- Independence, creativity and flexibility in your studies
- Openness to interdisciplinary initiatives and networks
The Media Studies bachelor's programme begins in the winter semester.
The prerequisite for admission is the allgemeine Hochschulreife (German higher education entrance qualification) or an equivalent secondary school degree. The number of students admitted to the degree programme in Media Studies is limited. A general selection process is carried out by the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar. We recommend prospective students to undertake a preparatory internship.
Application submissions should be made online by the 15th July of each year.
All applicants will receive notification of successful or unsuccessful admission from the middle of August onwards. Successful applicants can then enrol with the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar (enrolment deadline: 30th September of each year).
For further enquiries please contact the course guidance.
Ekkehard Knopke M.A.
Bauhausstraße 11, room 211
Study regulations Media Culture, B.A.