Application for the aptitude test in the Undergraduate degree programmes Visual Communication and Product Design
The aptitude test for these degree programmes is divided into three parts:
- First, apply for the aptitude test in the course of study in question.
- You will then receive an assignment to complete at home within a prescribed period of time.
- You must then take a practical examination, come to a personal interview and present of up to 10 original samples of your design work.
Your completed assignment will be evaluated to determine whether you may take the practical and oral part of the aptitude test (pre-selection).
To apply for the aptitude test, there are two ways:
1. Fill out the registration form online. You will then receive a confirmation of receipt by email as well as the task for the due date.
- » To online registration for the aptitude test in Product Design
- » To online Registration for the aptitude test in Visual Communication
2. Submit the following documents and post it to arrive no later than 31 March of the year:
- an informal letter of application that identifies which course of study you are applying for or the following » form
- a stamped, self-addressed C5 envelope (with the correct amount of postage)
You will then receive the task by post.
Fakultät Kunst und Gestaltung
Bewerbung »[title of degree programme]«
Candidates who are invited to take the aptitude test for the degree programmes Visual Communication and Product Design should bring ca. 10 work samples to the practical examination.
Please submit a current proof of language proficiency with your application documents, which shows that you will reach the required language level by the time of your matriculation at the latest.
Lessons are taught in German. You must provide proof of German language proficiency with one of the following or equivalent certificates:
- DSH-2 (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang)
- Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache - DaF (mininum 4xTDN 4)
For further information visit the website of the Language Centre.