Management [Bau Immobilien Infrastruktur] (Management [Construction Real Estate Infrastructure]) (Master of Science)
The consecutive bachelors and masters degree programmes in Management teach students to become management engineers with interdisciplinary expertise and skills which enable them to respond to the changing needs of the construction, real estate and infrastructure-based markets.
***Deadline extension: application is possible until september 30th 2017
August 31st of the current year for the winter Semester
February 28th of the current year for the summer semester
Commencement of degree programme
Winter semester and summer semester possible
to the application portal
- Bachelor of Science in Management [Construction Real Estate Infrastructure]
- Bachelor of Science or comparable degree in Architecture, Engineering, Economics or (Business) Law
- Professional experience preferable
This specially selected combination of academic and practical background creates a learning platform from which students can draw on the knowledge and experience of their professors, assistants and fellow students.
- Solid knowledge of German and English
Some courses, examinations and projects are conducted in English.
The course of study is divided up into two consecutive degree programmes.
This means that students may pursue two degrees in succession:
- A bachelors degree in six semesters
- A masters degree in four semesters
ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credit points are used throughout and greatly simplify the process of evaluating and recognizing academic achievement attained at other institutions of higher education. These credits confirm that the student has successfully completed the subject along with the required course work for the subject.
Graduates of the bachelors degree programme are able to take on complex consulting tasks and, with an appropriate amount of on-the-job training, managerial tasks at the lower management level.
Graduates of the masters degree programme are well prepared to carry out management tasks at middle management level within a short time. They also have good prospects for promotion to higher-level management positions.
Our statistics show that our graduates have excellent chances for entering the market and pursuing careers at numerous employers, such as:
- Real estate market, real estate management companies
- Project managers and developers, building contractors
- Banks, financial consultants, investors, insurance companies
- Planning, engineering and architecture offices
- Infrastructure-building firms, infrastructure management companies
- Traditional construction companies
- System providers specializing in complete solutions for the life cycle of buildings and structures
- Public construction and real estate agencies
- Facility management companies
- Management consulting firms
Students are taught to think and act in an interconnected, system-oriented and entrepreneurial manner. This allows them to manage real estate and infrastructure in all areas of the supply chain in designing, building, financing, operation and maintenance. Graduates are qualified to work internationally in various positions of responsibility in related business or administrative sectors, as well as conduct trans-disciplinary research.
When involved in project work, the graduates of this programme should be able to mediate between specialists and quickly identify and manage critical points of interface. To achieve this, the bachelors degree programme focuses on
- fundamentals of civil engineering (ca. 40% of instruction)
- basic and advanced, branch-relevant knowledge in the areas of economics (ca. 33% of instruction) and law (ca. 10% of instruction)
- related expertise in information technology and media studies, along with training in social competence, communication skills, management capacities and leadership potential (totalling ca. 17% of instruction).
- The masters degree programme focuses on economics (40% of instruction), technical and architectural aspects (40% of instruction) as well as legal issues and personality building (20 % of instruction).
- Enrolment procedure
- Entrance examination