Categories & Fees
You would like to book accommodation for your stay in Weimar? Then use our offer!
When registering, you can choose from three different housing options:
The accommodations are located throughout the inner city of Weimar. Only the low budget rooms are a bit outside. Since Weimar is small, everything is easy to reach - either by walking or by bus. With your participant ID, you can use the city buses for free.
You will always have your room to yourself, of course. Usually, however, your room belongs to a shared apartment. In this apartment there are most likely living other people as well, with whom you share the bathroom and the kitchen.
In low budget rooms and rooms in student halls, as a rule, only women OR men live together in apartments. In shared flats, on the other hand, it is very common for women and men to live together.
You will live together with people and students of Weimar or with other Summer School participants. Many former participants tell us that this form of living together was a great and valuable part of their Bauhaus Summer School experience!
|Category/period||2 weeks||4 weeks|
|Shared apartment||250 EURO||350 EURO|
|Student hall||210 EURO||310 EURO|
|Low budget room||190 EURO||260 EURO|
- plus an additional security deposit of 50 EURO which will be paid back on departure after returning the keys.
Depending on availability and on request, shared rooms could be rented as double rooms.
If you have any questions or would like personal advice, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to help!
Good to Know
- If you book a room with us, we guarantee accommodation during your course stay. We will do our best to fulfil the category request.
If there are not enough rooms in one category, the room category and therefore the price may change. We will inform you of any changes in due time.
- We will inform you by e-mail if you cannot be accommodated in the desired category.
- We try to allocate the rooms according to the date of registration. This means that the earlier you register, the more likely we can fulfil your category request.
- Any additional payments or refunds resulting from a change of category will be paid in cash in the course office during the first week of the Course Office.
- Before arrival, more detailed information on accommodation - such as address etc. - is unfortunately not possible. The exact address of your accommodation will be given to you upon arrival.
- If you have booked your accommodation with us, you can use our free shuttle service on the day of arrival - we will take you and your luggage directly to your accommodation.
- If you arrive in Weimar before the official arrival time, you can look for accommodation on the website of Weimar.
- You should leave your accommodation by 12 noon on the day of departure. Please plan your departure accordingly.
In the Mensa am Park and in the cafeteria Coudraystraße, you can buy lunch as well as drinks and snacks at a reasonable and reduced price by showing your participant ID card.
|Opening hours||Monday - Friday|
|Mensa am Park||10.00 bis 14.00|
|Cafeteria Coudraystrasse||08.00 bis 14.30|
You can choose between different dishes, including vegetarian meals. The prices vary between 1,90 EURO and 3,50 EURO.
If you prefer to cook for yourself, you can shop in numerous supermarkets in the city centre or at the local market. There are also many small cafés and affordable restaurants in Weimar.
And on the market square - for a snack in between - you will find the Thuringian original: fresh Thuringian bratwurst from the charcoal grill!