Categories & Fees
Are you looking for accommodation for your stay in Weimar? Then look no further! Choose from four accommodation facilities and book a room during your registration:
Residences are located throughout the small city of Weimar. Residences are situated within easily accessible distances. In addition, you can use your summer school student ID to ride the city buses free of charge.
All rooms and bathrooms are single sex - except in private shared flats. In private shared flats usually men and woman live together and share kitchen and bathroom.
Your roommates may be studying at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar or may come from all over the world and take part in our summer courses. Getting to know new people is a valuable part of your Bauhaus Summer School experience.
Here you'll find all information on prices of the different accommodation categories from December on.
Good to Know
- If you book a room with us we will guarantee to provide a room for you while taking part in our summer courses. If we cannot provide enough rooms in a room category your requested room category might change and following the price will be changed.
- Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The earlier you register, the more likely we can give you the kind of accommodation you desire.
- We will inform you if we CANNOT place you in the accommodation of your choice and whether the accommodation we have costs more or less than what you requested.
- Additional fees and refunds created by a change of categories will be settled in cash in the Course Office.
- We will tell you your exact address when you arrive.
- Use our shuttle service free of charge on the day of arrival. We will take you and your luggage directly to your accommodation.
- You should move out of your residence on day of departure. Residences must be vacated no later than 15.00 on the day of departure. Please plan your travel arrangements accordingly.
With your Bauhaus Summer School ID card, you can purchase breakfast and lunch at a reduced rate at the dining halls.
|Opening hours||Monday - Friday|
|Mensa am Park||07.30 bis 15.00|
|Cafeteria Coudraystrasse||08.00 bis 14.30|
Both cafeterias serve a wide variety of meals including vegetarian dishes, snacks and beverages.
If you’d rather cook your own meals, you can buy fresh ingredients at a number of stores in town. There are also many quaint cafés and inexpensive restaurants in Weimar.
And for a taste of Thuringia, we recommend buying a Thuringian bratwurst hot off the grill at the Rathausmarkt.