Categories & Fees
You would like to book accommodation for your stay in Weimar? Then use our offers!
When registering, you can choose from three different housing options:
The accommodations are located throughout the inner city of Weimar. Since Weimar is small, everything is easy to reach - either by walking or by bus. Only the low budget rooms are located at the outskirts. With your participant ID, you can use the city buses for free.
Life in Germany
Every culture has their way(s) of living. And Germans are famous for some habitual quirks of their own! Welcome to Germany, the nation of Lüften (ventilation) and Mülltrennung (seperating the trash)…
During your stay you may experience the daily life of a German like: separating the trash (Mülltrennung); recycling glass bottles at the super market and using the refund (Pfand) for buying a pizza or beers; selecting a specific washing machine programme to take care of the environment; storing food before Sunday and public holiday when shops are closed… etc.
We will do our best to make this experience as enjoyable, fun and insightful as possible for you! If you have any questions or need assistance, always reach out to us.
For any specific requests, please mention them at the initial time of the application of your accommodation. Otherwise we cannot arrange them. Please also note that we may consider some specific requests but cannot guarantee that the rooms can match all of your specific expectations.
- If you book a room with us, we guarantee accommodation during your course stay. We will do our best to fulfil the category request.
If there are not enough rooms in one category, the room category and therefore the price may change. We will inform you of any changes in due time.
- We will inform you by e-mail if you cannot be accommodated in the desired category.
- We try to allocate the rooms according to the date of registration. This means that the earlier you register, the more likely we can fulfil your category request.
- Any additional payments or refunds resulting from a change of category will be paid in cash in the course office during the first week of the Course Office.
- Before arrival, more detailed information on accommodation - such as address etc. - is unfortunately not possible. The exact address of your accommodation will be given to you upon arrival.
- If you arrive in Weimar before the official arrival time, you can look for accommodation on the website of Weimar.
In the Mensa am Park and in the Cafeteria Coudraystraße, you can buy lunch as well as drinks and snacks at a reasonable and reduced price by showing your participant ID card.
|Opening hours||Monday - Friday|
|Mensa am Park||10.00 bis 14.00|
|Cafeteria Coudraystrasse||08.00 bis 14.30|
You can choose between different dishes, including vegan or vegetarian meals. The meals are included in your course offer.
If you prefer to cook for yourself, you can shop in numerous supermarkets in the city centre or at the local market. There are also many small cafés and affordable restaurants in Weimar.
And on the market square - for a snack in between - you will find the Thuringian original: fresh Thuringian bratwurst from the charcoal grill!