Terms and Conditions
- In general, we only admit participants who are 18 or older when the course starts. The project manager shall decide on any exceptions.
- When participants have to apply for a course, a jury selects the participants. Applicants have no automatic right to participation.
Only complete and correctly named applications will be considered if they were submitted by 1 May of the year or any other deadline set by the Bauhaus Summer School, in which the course takes place.
- A jury selects the scholarship holders. Applicants have no automatic right to financial support.
Enrolment & Fees
- Enrolment in a course is binding once the application form has been correctly completed and sent to the Bauhaus Summer School and the course fee has been paid (within 10 days of receipt of the invoice). In the case of the application is for a specialised course (not a language course), the applicant needs to be admitted to the course by the selection jury first.
- If the applicant wishes to book accommodation through the Bauhaus Summer School, the fee for the accommodation and an additional deposit of 50 Euros must be paid together with the course fee. All bank and money transfer charges must be paid by the participant.
- In the event of an insufficient number of participants, the Bauhaus Summer School reserves the right to cancel courses until four weeks prior to the beginning of the course. In such cases, advance payments will be reimbursed in full. No other claims can be made against the Bauhaus Summer School.
- If a participant cannot arrive in time for the beginning of the course, he or she must inform the Bauhaus Summer School in a timely manner. Otherwise, the participant forfeits all claims and the Bauhaus Summer School will have the right to reallocate his or her place in the course.
- In the case that a registered participant does not receive a visa to enter Germany, the fees paid will be refunded in full except for 50 Euro. The participant will be required to submit by email the official visa denial letter signed and stamped by the embassy. The participant is responsible for making an appointment with the embassy in a timely manner and to submit all necessary documents.
- In the event of a visa refusal, the cost of express delivery will not be reimbursed.
- Before departure the key deposit will be paid back to the participant only in cash after returning the room key and the signed walk-through checklist. For financial reasons bank transfer of key deposits shall be excluded.
- The Bauhaus Summer School can rescind admission if it is established subsequently that the requirements for admission were not fulfilled or were induced by fraudulent misrepresentation, compulsion or bribery. In case of a rescission of admission there is no reimbursement possible for fees already paid. Expenses incurred by the rescission must be paid by the participant.
- The Bauhaus Summer School reserves the right to change instructors, course dates and places if necessary (e.g. illness of an instructor). The participant will be notified as soon as possible. In the event of a change the participant is not authorized to reduce, withhold or reclaim the course fee. In cases of said course changes, the Bauhaus Summer School reserves the right to cancel the course if necessary. In this case, any fees already paid will be refunded. Any further claims are excluded.
- The workshops/programs are prepared by the Bauhaus Summer School lecturers to the best of their knowledge and ability. The Bauhaus Summer School takes no liability or guarantee for the correctness, topicality, completeness, and quality of their contents.
- If the participant annuls his or her enrolment the Bauhaus Summer School has the right to charge the following cancellation fees:
- Up to 8 weeks prior to the course start: 150 EURO.
- 8 to 4 weeks prior to the course start: 50% of the payable fees.
- Less than 4 weeks before the course start: 100% of the payable fees.
- Late arrival for a course or departure before the course has ended will not result in a reduction of the course and accommodation fees.
- Upon request, the Bauhaus Summer School will reserve accommodation in student housing as capacity allows.
- If the participant cannot be placed in the room category of his/her choice, additional fees and refunds have to be settled in the Course Office in the first week of the course.
- The accommodation fee and the key deposit must be paid together with the course fee.
- If the participant cancels his or her reservation less than 4 weeks prior to the course start, the Bauhaus Summer School reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the accommodation fee.
- The applicable house rules of the accommodation must be observed.
- The accommodation is only to be used by the registered participant to whom the room was allocated. It is not allowed to host overnight guests.
- The accommodation must be left in an orderly and clean state. The participant is liable for all damage occurred through his/her tenancy. Any damage must be reported immediatly to the contact person (landlord/subletter or authorised person).
- Registration for excursions is binding.
- Excursion fees must be paid together with the course fee. Excursions can also be booked after arrival in the Course Office, if places are still available. A 10 Euro surcharge will be applied.
- In the event of cancellation up to four weeks before the excursion takes place, the Bauhaus Summer School will retain a processing fee of 50% of the amount. Afterwards the full excursion fee will be retained.
- In the event of an insufficient number of participants for an excursion, the Bauhaus Summer School reserves the right to cancel the excursion up to two weeks before the excursion takes place. In such cases, advance payments will be reimbursed in full. No other claims can be made against the Bauhaus Summer School.
- The Bauhaus Summer School cannot provide any compensation for the cancellation of agreed services due to acts of God.
Insurance & Confidentiality
- The course fee does not include insurance coverage for participants.
- The participant is liable for any damages that he or she incurs.
- The Bauhaus Summer School cannot provide any compensation for the cancellation of agreed services due to higher force.
- The participant agrees that the Bauhaus Summer School records and handles his or her data for purposes of application, accounting and correspondence. The Bauhaus Summer School does not transfer data to a third party, except for purposes of visa application.
- The participant is responsible for communicating any change in personal data, in particular postal and e-mail addresses.
- The participant is responsible for obtainig all legal documents necessary for his or her stay in Germany. The Bauhaus Summer School assumes that the participant has entry clearance and a residence permit.
- The participant consents to receiving e-mail from the Bauhaus Summer School.
- For purposes of public relations the participant permits the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar to publish photos (both in print media and on the Internet), taken of him or her while participating at the Bauhaus Summer School.
- The participant learning online acknowledges that the services may enable or assist the access of, interact with from supported platforms and other third parties via third-party websites or resources on the internet (collectively, the “Third-Party Services”). When the participant accesses the Third-Party Services, he will do so at his own risk. Any use of Third-Party Services is governed solely by the terms and conditions of such Third-Party Services, and any contract entered into, or any transaction completed via any Third-Party Services, is between the participant and the relevant third party, and not Bauhaus Summer School. Bauhaus Summer School makes no representation and shall have no liability or obligation whatsoever in relation to the content or use of, or correspondence with, any such Third-Party Services or any transactions completed and any contract entered into by the participant with any such third party.
- Course fee needs to be paid also if the participant does not attend all lectures.
- For online formats, the participation fee includes the visit of the workshop, additional program as well as the digital workshop materials.
- Participants are responsible for a stable internet connection and technical equipment.
- Personal data of the participant that is processed in connection with the use of video call software will not be passed on to third parties.
- The participant is not permitted to make sound or video recordings of the online meeting.
- If it is necessary to record online meetings, the participants are informed transparently in advance and the consent will be asked.
- After his or her arrival in Weimar each participant will receive a Bauhaus Summer School ID card and a login card for internet access at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar. In cases of loss the Bauhaus Summer School will charge 10 EURO for every reissued card.
- Every participant agrees to use the information infrastructure of the Bauhaus-Unversität Weimar according to the Acceptable Use Policy.
- The programme is explicitly subject to alterations.
- The court of jurisdiction is in Weimar.
Please contact us if you would like personal consultation! We will be happy to help you.