Instead of distributing smoke through tubes and pipes through a costume, one could distribute the fog machines. So the smoke/fog is where it is needed.
Since E-Cigarettes work with the same principle as fog machines, they are an option for small, low-cost and low-power-consuming fog machines. Furthermore E-Cigarettes are small enough to put them nearly everywhere inside (and outside) of a costume.
In contrast to fog machines, E-Cigarettes have the advantage that they are cheap. Simple versions start at 20€; therefore, plenty of them could take placed instead of one fog machine
To spread the smoke small pumps can be used (something like this).
If it is needed to transport the fog over small distances, shrinkable sleeves may be a good possibility. They are flexible and sew-able. And since they are shrinkable they can easily be used to drain off the transition from the pump.
My recherche was more technical and include two versions for the smoke costume.
Option 1 – Long tube
– Connect a drain tube (diameter 40 -50cm ) to a normal fog machine
– Tube holds a certain amount of time the heat when fog ejection from
– From a long tube transparent tube up under the dress (back)
– On the back of a distributor with several small tubes that go into all the regions of the costume
– From the tubes then the smoke comes out distributed
Option 2 – small fog machine
– Set includes 12-volt battery, charging adapter , Nebelfulid and Transport Case
– The battery is charged via the included charging adapter ( charge indicator )
– Suitable for all water-based fog liquid
Discharge volume : 8,5 m³ / min.
Fuel tank capacity: 0.11 l
Dimensions ( WxDxH): 227 x 66 x 81 mm
Weight: 2.7 kg
Fog Duration: 60 s
Output distance : 2.5 m
Reheating time : 120 s
Warm-up Time : 7 min
– Fog machine needs warm up time
– Strong heat development
– Large current: 230V, 700Watt ( a very small ) = 4.34 A
– Heating elements need a lot of power ( battery would be after a short time (10 – 20min) empty.
– Fog transformer required for the AC voltage supplied from battery comes only DC
– Tiny Fogger costs from € 700 upwards
Tiny Fogger can be placed in different parts of the King Ubu and later can be controlled by remote control to produce fogs.
Mobile Fogger which is a big fogger machine can be fixed at one central location of the body and then distribute the fog to different regions of body by pipes (flexible and light) and it can be controlled by remote control.