Marienstraße 7b, Room 202, 99423 Weimar
Mindaugas Gapševičius, mindaugas.gapsevicius [at] uni-weimar.de,
Alessandro Volpato, alessandro.volpato [at] uni-weimar.de
The procedure in short
- Coordination of booking on this WikiHaiwaiian for ''fast'' (not an acronym). It is the name for a hypertext system for websites where the user may not only read the content but is also able to change it instantaneously through the browser.-page (see above)
- Keys for the Biolab are handed out in the secretary's office against signature, or can be borrowed from the room managers for the time of use
- Recording of the attendance times of students via the occupancy list
- Registration of contact data via the available form
- The room must be adequately ventilated before leaving.
Short introduction to our DIY Bio-Lab
Welcome to our DIY Bio-Lab at Bauhaus University Weimar
Before you start using our microscopes, the laminar hood or chemicals, please take a couple of hours to prepare beforehand:
- book an introduction to the microscopes and understand how to use them
- watch two videos and learn how to use microliter pipettes
- get some basic vocabulary about lab- equipment
- read about your organism, before you start growing it
- research some recipes for the medium your organism needs
these kind of pictures are possible with the Bresser microscope. Full rez SomeniceBacteria.JPG
another one of common mold spore heads. Full rez Moldondictyostelium.JPG
What kind of medium you want to prepare and what your organism needs you have to find out yourself.
See available /chemicals in the lab.
If you want to work with one of these organisms, please present a short concept to GMUGestaltung medialer Umgebungen Staff during opening hours.
If you want to work with another organism please contact us.
Animal Store in Weimar
This store has living Artemia, Daphnia, Nematocera (Chironomus & Chaoborus) and Enchytraeen ( Enchytraeus albidus). They sell them in small bags and it costs less than a coffee. Each Tuesday they will have a new delivery of these fresh organisms.
It is possible for them to get other 'fish food' as well.
Current Courses and Activities around Biolab