Wednesday 16:00 Marienstraße 7b Room 204
Everybody welcome who works with data-flow languages namely Pure Data, Max, vvvv and others. A forum for questions and answers, little project presentations, discussions and the passing of experience and wisdom from one student to the other.
Subscribe to the GMU:Mailinglist to receive updates.
Next meeting is on Wednesday the 2nd of November, 16:00h in Room 204, Marienstraße 5
First meeting with Johann!
First meeting with Jörg!
- we had a closer look at Anja's work Schatten→Klang
- using abstractions to unclutter Patches and speed up the GUIGraphical User Interface
- Constantin added graphs to the Patch Media:Skalierungen.pd UPDATED!
- bang until inside joke explained. Pd[[Pure Data]] a dataflow programming environment crashes when creating an endless loop
- we were looking at Martins work (getting RGB[[Farbe#Farbräume|Red Green Blue]] Colorspace values from different pixels in Gem[[Tracking Motion Detection#Gem|Graphics Environment for Multimedia]] an OpenGL extension for →[[Pure Data|Pd]]/Pd[[Pure Data]] a dataflow programming environment in order to write a patch that turns pixeldata into sound) Examples: Media:Bewegungsmelder.zip
- we discussed some tips how to save CPUCentral Processing Unit, an →IC, generally refered to as the processor in a computer load (object speedlim; getting pixeldata from more than one pixel with only one pix_data object)
- mobile camera, webpd, RjDj
- the question came up how to scale things. here is the demo patch: Media:Skalierungen.pd
- Anja was showing her work Schatten→Klang
The first meeting - about six people where there, more said they would like to come but will join next week. We discussed a bunch of things, among it: