Werkmodul | Fachmodul
Lehrperson: Gabriel Rausch
Bewertung: 6 ECTS, 4 SWS
Termin: Monday, 16:30 - 18:45
Ort: Marienstr. 7b, Raum 105
Erster Termin: Mo, April 7th 2014
Content Managment Systems, Data Visualization And The General Behaviour Of Information In The Web
This course is dedicated to all design- and media-students who are interested in frontend-development of websites and applications and have first experience in HTML[[HTML|Hypertext Markup Language]], CSS[[CSS|Cascading Style Sheets]], JS, PHP[[PHP|PHP Hypertext Processor]].
"Administrating Data" explores solutions for the in- and output, storing and visualizing data.
We are going to take hands on a couple of Content Management Systems, grabbing some external data from social media channels (API[[wikipedia:Application Programming Interface]] of Facebook, Google, Twitter...), creating self-made CMS[[Webapps|Content Management System]] solutions and handling bigger data (not "The Big Data"!) with some visualization techniques.
To register for the course, please send an eMail due to April 5th with the Topic "Registration for AdministratingData" to Gabriel.Rausch (at) uni-weimar.de,
incuding the following informations:
- Full Name
- program and semester (Studienprogramm und Fachsemester)
- matriculation number (Matrikelnummer)
- Angabe der geltenden Prüfungsordnung (eg. PV27 or PV29)
- Valid email address @uni-weimar.de
- One short sentence why you want to (have to) be in this course (german or english)
If there are more than 15 registrations, students will be accepted depending on:
- Order (first come, first serve)
- If you are in a Project of Interface-Design (see Prof. Jens Geelhaar's semester projects this semester)
- What you've written in "why I want to be in this course"
If there are more than 20 registrations, there might be a kick-off event with an evaluation competition.
Certificates of Achievements
- Active and regular participation
- Progress on the individual project you are working on
- Creating a piece of work for an exhibition at the Summary
- 2 minute presentation at the IFD:Showreel
- Final Hand-in of your project/concept/...
- In general open to all students, but esp. suited for
- Bachelor- and Master students of Media-Arts & Design
- Master students Media-Architecture
- 07.04. Introduction & Review
- 14.04. Canceled
- 24.-25. Assembly workshop days: Fingies Framework and Administration Panel (optional)
- 28.04. Serverside Frameworks: Overview CMS[[Webapps|Content Management System]] Solutions
- 05.05. CMS[[Webapps|Content Management System]] II
- 12.05. CMS[[Webapps|Content Management System]] III
- 19.05. Develop Fingies Infopage: Sitemap, Concept, Wireframes
- 26.05. Develop Fingies Infopage: Interface Design, Template, Content
- 02.06. Clientside Frameworks: Overview JS Frameworks
- 16.06. Clientside: Infographics I
- 23.06. Clientside: Infographics II
- 30.06. Clientside: Infographics III
- 07.07. Building extension for administrating 3D data
- 10. - 13.07. Summaery