This course is designed as a trigger to foster imagination and skills around human and non-human interaction. We will focus on a free, open source, and cross-platform Pure Data (Pd) visual programming language, which will become our tool and expression for building simple interactive applications. To bridge organisms and computers, we will use Arduino and DIY sensors. Participants with no skills in Arduino or electronics are encouraged to take the course on Arduino offered by Timm Burkhardt.
Students will be expected to develop small projects, which will be presented at Winterwerkschau and/or at the >top Schillerpalais project space in Berlin.
Dataflow documentation and the SS15 jam session
- Bang, 2006, © by pd-graz Verein zur Förderung der Open Source Software Pure Data
- Designing Sound, Andy Farnell
- Multimedia Programming with Pure Data, Bryan WC Chung
- Programming Sound with Pure Data, Tony Hillerson
- The Theory and Technique of Electronic Music, Miller Puckette
- PURE DATA
- A Young Person's Guide to the Principles of Music Synthesis, Beau Sievers
- Programming Electronic Music in Pd, Johannes Kreidler, http://www.pd-tutorial.com/