The call for applications for scholarships in 2020/21 is closed. As a rule, the awarding committee for scholarships of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar will select the scholarship holders in February/March.
The next call for applications for scholarships in 2021/22 is expected to end on 12th of January 2021.
(formats and requirementy may be subject to changes in 2021/22)
- Applications will only be considered if they are complete and submitted before the application deadline.
- An application can not be considered without a letter of recommendation.
- There is no legal entitlement to the award of a scholarship.
A Bauhaus Graduation Scholarship may not be awarded to candidates who are already receiving public funding.
Scholarship holders are only allowed to work according to the relevant regulations of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar (Stipendiensatzung, in German).
The funding period may begin at any time during the funding year. Payment of funds is flexible - one can choose either a one-time payment of €1,350 or a three-month scholarship paying €450 a month.
Funding recipients are expected to submit a copy of their final transcript and written thesis.
For artistic or design projects: should the type and format of the work permit, an obligatory copy of the project is to be submitted to the university library.
Please use the online application form with file upload for your application documents (in German or English).
Please upload your application (and accompanying documents, max. 15 MB) as one PDF file. The file name should include your first and last name. Please include the following documents in the order shown below:
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages, if applicable: give reasons for the special costs and expenses)
- Brief exposé of your final project (max. 3 pages + if applicable: pictures, visualisation)
- timetable/work schedule
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Proof of above-average achievement in your course of study at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar: overview of grades incl. grade point average (e.g. BISON print out or in form of a performance report by your faculty’s examination office); your bachelor’s certificate (if applicable)
PLEASE NOTE – separate submission by the professor:
6. Please submit the letter of recommendation separately online as a pdf file via the respective professor by 12 January or 15 May. For better comparability, please use the “Letter of Recommendation Form” and send it to email@example.com