INVESTIGATION AROUND MICROORGANISM AND PHOTOGRAPHY TECHNIQUES
In order to decide which microorganism are suitable for the work that is going to be developed, an initial investigation is made in order to understand the characteristics of each microorganism, their needs in order to grow, and important information suitable for the project.
- List of bacterias and microorganism that can be cultivated in laboratories of high /medium security.
- Bacillus Subtilis - (brown)
- Chromobacterium violaceum - (violet)
- Escherichia Coli - (colourless)
- Micrococcus Luteus - (Yellow)
- Micrococcus Roseus - (Rosa)
- Proteus Mirabilis / Pseudomonas aeruginosa - (brown)
- Pseudomonas Fluorescens – (Blue or green) fluorescens with pyoverdine
- Serratia Marcescens – (Pink or Orange)
- Staphylococcus aureus – (Yellow)
- Vibrio Fischeri – (Bioluminescent)
- List of bacterias and microorganism that can be cultivated in laboratories of medium/basic security.
Here is a web page with information about some microorganism, how to cultivate them, the price of some of them.
The first step is to find a subject, in my case, I want to work with Polycephalum/physarum an allowed sample in the laboratory and with samples that will be brought by my colleagues.
Types of photography with a microscope:
- Köhler Illumination: neutral and uniform backlighting, helps to maximize the contrast and resolution in the image.
- Darkfield: makes an object glow against a black background by using a darkfield condenser into the microscope (there are to types; dry or oil condenser).
Link to examples in microscopic photography & video work samples.