Werkmodul | Fachmodul
Lehrperson: Gabriel Rausch
Bewertung: 6 ECTS, 4 SWS
Termin: Monday, 13:30 - 15:45
Ort: Marienstr. 7b, Raum 105
Erster Termin: Mo, April 7th 2014
new approaches in eCommerce and eLearning
This course is dedicated to all design- and media-students who are interested in frontend-development of websites and applications and have first experience in complex visualization techniques (using CSS3-Transforms or WebGL or other techniques). The course is like an optional continuation of the last semester course "Three-dimensional web-interfaces - new approaches in visualization, interaction and animation".
This semester we will explore (from the point of view of the user) the possible use of 3D in eCommerce- and eLearning-applications. In our research we will create prototype-based applications to define the potential between 2D and 3D visualization. How can we evaluate the experience of a user who is operating in a webshop. Are there any positiv/negativ effects when we visualize the products of the webshop in 3D in comparison to conventional 2D visualization (like picture-slideshows)?
And don't worry about the experimental character: most of the defined solutions can be transfered to the conventional two-dimensional web-development.
To register for the course, please send an eMail due to April 5th with the Topic "Registration for ThreedimensionalWebinterfaces" to Gabriel.Rausch (at) uni-weimar.de,
incuding the following informations:
- Full Name
- program and semester (Studienprogramm und Fachsemester)
- matriculation number (Matrikelnummer)
- Angabe der geltenden Prüfungsordnung (eg. PV27 or PV29)
- Valid email address @uni-weimar.de
- One short sentence why you want to (have to) be in this course (german or english)
If there are more than 15 registrations, students will be accepted depending on:
- Order (first come, first serve)
- If you are in a Project of Interface-Design (see Prof. Jens Geelhaar's semester projects this semester)
- What you've written in "why I want to be in this course"
If there are more than 20 registrations, there might be a kick-off event with an evaluation competition.
Certificates of Achievements
- Active and regular participation
- Progress on the individual project you are working on
- Creating a piece of work for an exhibition at the Summary
- 2 minute presentation at the IFD:Showreel
- Final Hand-in of your project/concept/...
- In general open to all students, but esp. suited for
- Bachelor- and Master students of Media-Arts & Design
- Master students Media-Architecture
- 07.04. Introduction & Study
- 14.04. Cancled
- 28.04. Current State eCommerce Product Presentation, Product Definition
- 05.05. Hands On HTML5, Canvas & WebGL
- 12.05. Concept & Wireframes A-B-Application
- 19.05. Prototype Assembly I
- 26.05. Prototype Assembly II
- 02.06. Prototype Assembly III
- 16.06. Prototype Assembly IV
- 17.06. Special Nightly Workarounds (6pm - open end)
- 23.06. Prototype Assembly V
- 30.06. Internal Test
- 07.07. Adjustments / First Analysis
- 10. - 13.07. Summaery