Werkmodul/Fachmodul/FachmodulWerkmodulLecturer(s): Rodrigo DiazCredits: 6 ECTS[[ECTS|European Credit Transfer System]], 4 SWS[[SWS|Semesterwochenstunden]]Date: Wednesday 17:00 (Schedule TBD)Venue: Marienstraße 7b, Room 105
This course is designed to enable students to produce and program musical interaction.
Through creative tasks, readings and hands-on exercises the course will explore the different approaches for music interaction using Pure Data.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To understand the basic principles of PureData audio/video programming.
- To understand the different approaches to produce interactive musical environments.
- To be able to deconstruct and reconstruct pieces of media art and interactive installations.
All the topics will by presented using Pure Data and in an introductory manner.
- Digital Signal Processing
- GEM and ComputerVision
- Communication Protocols (OSC[[OSC|Open Sound Control]], Serial, TCP/IP[[TCP/IP UDP]] Internet protocol suite...)
- Scoring for Live Electronic and Computer Music Theory
- Computer (laptop with integrated web cam).
- A game controller (ps3 controller, wii mote, etc) or a smartphone.†
(†) Optional but strongly suggested
Send your name and short description (study program, matriculation number, and interests) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule and Assignments