Lecturer: Frederic Gmeiner
Credits: 6 ECTS, 3 SWS
Date: Tuesday, 17:00 - 19:15h
Venue: Marienstraße 7b, Room 105
First meeting: 17.04.2012
Advanced Computational Design
This class is meant to give an overview about general advanced programming techniques, tools and concepts as well as a deeper look at current software technologies and how to deal with them in the context of media and interface design. The structure of the class will be organised in a workshop-like manner where each participant will have to prepare a presentation of a topic of his choice related to the curriculum.
OOP[[OOP|Object-Oriented Programming]] recap
- Classes and inheritance
- Scopes (public / private)
- Examples & excercises
IDEs & tools
- Eclipse and Processing
- Autocompletion, Debugging
Structures & concepts
- Datatypes in detail (String, ints, floats, double, ArrayList, HashMap ...).
- Images and pixels >> exercises
- Vector concepts and agents
- Simple physics and particle systems
OpenFrameworks / oF
- C++ concepts (pointer, header files...)
- How to work with OpenFrameworks
- Examples and excercises
3D with OpenGL
- Primitives, lights, cameras in oF
- What is OpenGL?
- Concepts and terminology of 3D
- Examples in oF
Computer vison with OpenCV
- What is OpenCV?
- Concepts and terminology
- Examples in oF
- Tracking example with kinect and OpenCV
Further topics / tools
- Version control with GIT
- Regular expressions / RegEx
Applicants must have successfully completed the “Physical Computing I” class or have a fundamental knowledge of a high-level object-orientated programming language like JAVA.
Referat, aktive Teilnahme, Dokumentation, Eintrag im WikiHaiwaiian for ''fast'' (not an acronym). It is the name for a hypertext system for websites where the user may not only read the content but is also able to change it instantaneously through the browser.
Graduates enrolled in the Faculties of Media, Gestaltung and in the MediaArchitecture program
- 17.04. Introduction, entry-level questionaire, topics and dates of student presentations
- 24.04. Object orientated concept recap: Classes and inheritance, scopes (public/privat), examples and excercises
- 08.05. Movement with velocity, simple collision detection of objects
- 15.05. Arrays and other datatypes
- 22.05. IDEs (example: Eclipse with Processing)
- 29.05. Images & Pixels (Yue Mao) && Boids / Vectors (Jie Wang)
- 05.06. Simple 3D in Processing (Xin Wang)
- 12.06. Introduction to OpenFrameworks (Ivo Santos)
- 19.06. Introduction to openGL (Yunshui Jin)
- 26.06. Introduction to openCV & motion tracking by Kinect and SimpleOpenNI (Patawat)
- 03.07. NO REGULAR CLASS: Bauhaus Spaziergang
Hinweis: Die hier aufgeführte Literatur ist optional und nicht verbindlich!