In this lecture we will learn how to create Braitenberg Vehicles in Processing.
Postcard depicting Kaiser Willhelm II as Steersman (1906)
In this class we will learn about the homeostat and the mobile homeostat, and how to implement them
- The Homeostat — in the 1st part we recreate the homeostat by Ross Ashby in code.
- The Mobile Homeostat — in the 2nd part we create a drawing machine based on Ashby's Homeostat.
- Basics of oscillators, synchronisation, and homeostasis
- Basics of modelling complex systems
- Programming a drawing-agent based on the ideas of homeostasis and meta-stability
In this lecture we learn how to program turtles to make them react to their environment
- Image Based Curves
- Flowfield Based Curves
- Introduction to Image Based Drawing
- Introduction to Flowfield Based Drawing
- Learn about image formats and how to work with images in processing
- Learn how to generate vector fields from noise functions
- Learn to work with arrays of vectors and two dimensional arrays
Image Based Drawing
Flowfield Based Drawing
One Line Drawing
In this part we learn about curves created from multi-agent dynamics and complex systems