With its MINT scholarships for female Master’s students, the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar supports outstanding female master’s students from the Faculty of Civil Engineering and the Department of Computer Science and Media, who have demonstrated (or are expected to demonstrate) an outstanding performance or aptitude in their field.
As a measure to foster gender equality, the MINT scholarships for female Master’s students are financed with funds from the Professorinnenprogramm III funding programme for female professors. They are moreover intended to contribute to a long-term and sustainable increase in the proportion of women in the MINT degree programmes at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar.
* MINT: Mathematik, Informatik, Naturwissenschaft und Technik /
STEM: science, technology, engineering and mathematics
1. Who can apply?
Scholarships are awarded to particularly talented female Master’s students from the Faculty of Civil Engineering and the Department of Computer Science and Media at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar demonstrating above-average academic performance.
2. How funding is available?
Number of scholarships: max. 2 MINT scholarships
- €450 per month for 12 months, beginning in April 2022
- Non-material support: opportunity to participate in accompanying workshops
Funding is availabe for:
- Female Master’s students, who are enrolled in a degree programme of the Faculty of Civil Engineering or the Department of Computer Science and Media at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar at the time of application.
- A MINT scholarship cannot be awarded if the applicant already receives public funding.
- Scholarships cannot be awarded to persons in employment; secondary employment is permissible, as detailed in the scholarship statutes of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar. Further details are regulated in the latest version of the statutes for the awarding of scholarships at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar (currently MdU 58/2019).
- Funding recipients are required to submit a final report.
Please use the online application form with file upload to apply (in German or English).
Upload the following documents as one single PDF file (incl. all attachments, max. 15 MB). Be sure to include your name in the file name:
- Statement of motivation (aptitude for and interest in the scholarship, max. 2 pages)
- Tabular CV
- Academic achievements/certificates (in particular, proof of academic achievements at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar):
- performance overview indicating the average mark achieved, to be prepared by the faculty exam office of the faculty or as a printout via the BISON portal
- where applicable, Bachelor’s degree certificate and proof of academic achievements at other universities
- where applicable, an explanation of your personal circumstances and biographical hurdles such as caring for a child or relative, a disability or chronic illness, your parents’ (educational) background, migration background, experience of discrimination, etc.
PLEASE NOTE – the following must be submitted separately
- Letter of recommendation from a professor at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- For better comparability, they should use the Letter of Recommendation form wherever possible.
- The professors must submit their letter of recommendation separately online as a PDF file, also by the application deadline of 31 January 2022 at the latest: email@example.com
The Scholarship Commission of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar is expected to decide on awarding of the scholarships in February 2022.
In addition to the applicant’s academic achievements and the aforementioned award criteria, their voluntary work/commitment, social aspects and biographical hurdles will be taken into account.
- Any attempts by the applicant to deceive will lead to immediate exclusion from the application procedure. Future applications will not be possible in this case.
- Due to the absolute confidentiality of the selection procedure, applicants will not be provided with justification of the committee’s decisions.
The awarding of scholarships is subject to the availability of funding.
Prof. Dr. Winfried Speitkamp
Chair of the Scholarship Commission of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
President of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar