Below you will find the requirements from the previous year, subject to changes in format and requirements!
Scholarships are awarded to especially talented students of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar (2nd semester or higher in bachelor’s, master’s, Diplom, state examination programmes) who have demonstrated above-average academic performance at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar.
Candidates must be enrolled in a course of study at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar.
In addition to excellent academic performance, the awards commission also considers the following criteria:
- Interdisciplinarity of the candidate’s academic career and interests
- Identification with the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar (sustainable and demonstrable commitment to the university, e.g. in committees and initiatives, as a tutor)
Bauhaus Scholarships for students may not be awarded to candidates who are already receiving public funding.
Scholarship holders are only allowed to work in a part-time job according to the relevant regulations of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar.
The funding period of this 12-month scholarship format begins on 1 April.
Funding recipients are obliged to submit a final report.
Please use the online application form with file upload for your application documents (in German or English).
Please upload your application (and accompanying documents, max. 15 MB) as one PDF file. The file name should include your first and last name. Please include the following documents in the order shown below:
- Letter of motivation (describe aptitude and motivation for studying at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar and for this scholarship format, max. 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Proof of above-average achievement in your course of study
a) overview of grades incl. grade point average at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar (e.g. BISON print out or in form of a performance report by your faculty’s examination office)
b) your bachelor’s certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of extracurricular engagement/commitment (e.g. certificates, confirmation of participation)
PLEASE NOTE – separate submission by the professor:
5. Please submit the letter of recommendation separately online as a pdf file via the respective professor by 31st January 2021. For better comparability, please use the Letter of Recommendation Form (pdf, 2020) and send it to email@example.com
The Scholarship Commission of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar is expected to decide on the award of the scholarships in February. In addition to the award criteria of academic achievement, voluntary work/commitment to the university and interdisciplinarity, social aspects and the individual potential of the students in their current life situation can be taken into account, given equal aptitude.
- Attempts to deceive by applicants will lead to immediate exclusion from the application process. A further application is not possible in this case.
- Decisions of the committee will not be justified towards the applicants due to the absolute confidentiality of the selection procedure.
The awarding is subject to the availability of funds in the funding year 2021/22. The number and/or duration of the up to 8 scholarships announced may be adapted accordingly.
Prof. Dr. Winfried Speitkamp, President
Chair of the Scholarship Commission of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar