The call for applications for scholarships in 2020/21 is closed. As a rule, the awarding committee for scholarships of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar will select the scholarship holders in February/March. The next call for applications for scholarships in 2021/22 is expected to end on 12th of January 2021.
- Applications will only be considered if they are complete and submitted before the application deadline.
- An application can unfortunately not be considered without a letter of recommendation.
- There is no legal entitlement to the award of a scholarship.
Scholarships are awarded to especially talented students of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar (2nd semester or higher in bachelor’s, master’s, Diplom, state examination programmes) who have demonstrated above-average academic performance at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar. Master's students who have completed their Bachelor's degree in Weimar, may apply also in their 1st Master semester.
Candidates must be enrolled in a course of study at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar.
In addition to excellent academic performance, the awards commission also considers the following criteria:
- Interdisciplinarity of the candidate’s academic career and interests
- Identification with the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar (sustainable and demonstrable commitment to the university, e.g. in committees and initiatives, as a tutor)
Bauhaus Scholarships for students may not be awarded to candidates who are already receiving public funding.
Scholarship holders are only allowed to work in a part-time job according to the relevant regulations of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar.
The funding period of this 12-month scholarship format begins on 1 April.
Funding recipients are obliged to submit a final report.
Please use the online application form with file upload for your application documents (in German or English).
Please upload your application (and accompanying documents, max. 15 MB) as one PDF file. The file name should include your first and last name. Please include the following documents in the order shown below:
- Letter of motivation (describe aptitude and motivation for studying at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar and for this scholarship format, max. 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Proof of above-average achievement in your course of study at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar: overview of grades incl. grade point average (e.g. BISON print out or in form of a performance report by your faculty’s examination office); your bachelor’s certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of extracurricular engagement/commitment (e.g. certificates, confirmation of participation)
PLEASE NOTE – separate submission by the professor:
5. Please submit the letter of recommendation separately online as a pdf file via the respective professor by 12th January 2020. For better comparability, please use the Letter of Recommendation Form and send it to email@example.com
The awarding committee for scholarships of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar usually selects the scholarship recipients in February. In addition to the criteria of study performance, commitment to the university, social aspects can be taken into account for the award decision if they are equally suitable.
- Attempts to deceive by applicants will lead to immediate exclusion from the application process. A further application is not possible in this case.
- Decisions of the committee will not be justified towards the applicants due to the absolute confidentiality of the selection procedure.
The awarding subject to the provision of funds in the 2020/21 funding year.
Prof. Dr. Winfried Speitkamp, President
Chair of the awarding committee for scholarships of the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar