Only those with study-related degree or equivalent certificate and/or those able to demonstrate adequate professional experience, as well as pass the aptitude test ban be admitted. A study-related degree is a degree from a German university (“diplom”) or equivalent certificate from a foreign university in the following majors or fields: Architecture and media studies, as well as related disciplines with academical and/ or artistic-design emphasises (Bachelors, Masters or “Diplom”). The study programme is bilingual; proof of very good English and German language skills is necessary. There are no tuition fees associated with this program.
Selection of the candidates made based on an aptitude test. All required application documents should be send via the »online application portal« on
Please send the informal letter together with the other application documents. After you uploaded all required application documents in the online application portal you can use the send button to submit your application until July 15th.
Application deadline for the master´s course MediaArchitecture and for the study program "International MediaArchitecture Master Studies" (IMAMS) is July 15th. The online application will start in May. The study is going to be start October 1st.
The aptitude test proceeds as follows:
- Aptitude assessment based on the documentation of previous work
- Interview (after assessment by the commission; not obligatory)
- Decision and announcement of the results.
Form of Application
The following should be included in the online-application:
- Tabular curriculum vitae with educational, practical and international experience
- University degree (Bachelors, “Diplom” or Masters) or an accepted equivalent, such as “Diploma supplement” in German or in English.
- Letter of motivation, which thoroughly explains the reasons behind the study and career plans, approximately one page long (A4 or 8 1/2 x 11).
- Documentation of previous work included final thesis, which demonstrate the ability for interdisciplinary work, as well as special skills in theory and/ or practice, maximum 25 sheets A3 (or videos, CD's etc.).
- Written declaration concerning the authorship of the submitted work.
- Language certificate as proof of very good language skills. For the bilingual course of study very good German language skills ( B2-GER: DSH1-examination or TestDaF 4xTDN3) and good English (B1-GER) language skills or very good English (B2-GER) and good German (B1-GER) language skills are required.
For the study program IMAMS a proof of proficiency in English is compulsory (e.g. TOEFL (PBT 550, CBT 213, IBT 79-80), IELTS (not older than 2 years, minimum score 6,0, each part minimum 5,5) are required.
Applicants, whose mother tongue is neither English or German, are required to provide proof of these skills. Exceptions are possible if proof of a university degree from an English and/ or German-speaking country can be provided.
- Signed online application form paper via the »online application portal« on