Processing is usually used for the electronic arts, new media art and visual design.
If you want to have a creative work in processing with Captury, you need to receive the OSC[[OSC|Open Sound Control]] messages from the Captury and then use the data as the variable.
This includes OSC[[OSC|Open Sound Control]] with Processing and an example of controlling the video in Processing with Captury.
Follow this Step by Step tutorial for using PROCESSING to play the VIDEO with CAPTURY!
Tips Before Beginning
- In this tutorial, you will see how to use a single value getting from the Captury to control processing. For further processed data, referencing the tutorial by Qianqian Li: Measuring Motion with Processing
- Before the coding in Processing, make sure that the following libraries have been installed: Sketch > Import Library > Add Library
- oscP5: An Open Sound Control (OSC[[OSC|Open Sound Control]]) implementation
- Video: GStreamer-based video library for Processing
- Prepare the video with a high resolution that can be showed on the video wall well. Because the change of the play speed, the video need a high frame rate to play fluently even with low speed
Use The Data From The Captury
Play The Video By Processing
STEP 01 –