In this lecture we will look at sound signals as meandering curves in time.
- Mathematical Functions — in the 1st part, we will learn how to create curves using mathematical functions.
- Curves of Sound — in the 2nd part, we will learn how to make audible curves in time and space.
- Basics of mathematical functions
- Polar coordinates
- Harmonic synthesizer
- Sound synthesis in Processing
In this lecture will consider look at video signals as meandering curves through space and time.
- video recording technology
- introduction to video art
- scan line algorithms
- functional video transformations
- processing videos with Processing
The Meandering Mind
In this lecture we will have look at electric, mechanic, and biological systems and how their trajectories can be analyzed
using data visualisation and sonification
- motiongrams and motionmaps
- working with EEG, EKG, EMG data
- quantified self
Here's some literature that may be relevant for students taking the project module of Ursula Damm: