This lecture provides an overview of the course and meanders through space and time.
- Overview of the course
- History of meanders in nature and design
- Basic understanding of generative coding
- Basic understanding of self organisation
Labyrinths and Mazes
In this lecture we will draw curves using everything from paper to online tools.
- Learn about algorithms
- Learn about constraints
- Design your own algorithm
Sol Lewitt's Walldrawing from the Do It Exhibition (2001):
- A black not straight line is drawn at approximately the center of the wall horizontally from side to side.
- Alternate red, yellow and blue lines are drawn above and below the black line to the top and bottom of the wall
More walldrawings in this retrospective.
In this class we will learn how to use randomness to create curves.
- Learn to use and create functions in processing
- Basics of determinism, randomness and pseudo-randomness
- Learn about random distributions
- Learn about noise functions
- From our Class
- Connect Random Dots + Custom Random Function — CodePen
- Nature of Code : Introduction to Randomness by Daniel Shiffman