Microscopy of Physarum Polycephalum

Slime Mold contaminated with mold
Most of the petri dishes I brought home became contaminated with some sort of silky mold.
   My first timelapse turned out pretty bad with lots of light flickering and shadows moving. Next time I will try a darker background and artificial lighting. I also realized trying to record multiple petri dishes at once is not such a good idea. 
   Something useful I learned with this timelapse is how difficult it can be to manipulate the slime mold. I tried using different arrangements and amounts of oat in each dish but at the end every dish turned out different than  expected.