Line 3: Line 3:
 
[[File:Camphoto 579758561.JPG |300px|right|Slime Mold contaminated with mold]] Most of the petri dishes I brought home became contaminated with some sort of silky mold.
 
[[File:Camphoto 579758561.JPG |300px|right|Slime Mold contaminated with mold]] Most of the petri dishes I brought home became contaminated with some sort of silky mold.
  
{{#ev:vimeo|643949703|500|left|}}
+
 
 
      
 
      
  
Line 11: Line 11:
  
 
My first timelapse turned out pretty bad with lots of light flickering and shadows moving. Next time I will try a darker background and artificial lighting. I also realized trying to record multiple petri dishes at once is not such a good idea.  
 
My first timelapse turned out pretty bad with lots of light flickering and shadows moving. Next time I will try a darker background and artificial lighting. I also realized trying to record multiple petri dishes at once is not such a good idea.  
 
+
{{#ev:vimeo|643949703|500|left|}}
 
Something useful I learned with this timelapse is how difficult it can be to manipulate the slime mold. I tried using different arrangements and amounts of oat in each dish but at the end every dish turned out different than  expected.
 
Something useful I learned with this timelapse is how difficult it can be to manipulate the slime mold. I tried using different arrangements and amounts of oat in each dish but at the end every dish turned out different than  expected.

Revision as of 14:38, 9 November 2021

Microscopy of Physarum Polycephalum

Slime Mold contaminated with mold
Most of the petri dishes I brought home became contaminated with some sort of silky mold.





My first timelapse turned out pretty bad with lots of light flickering and shadows moving. Next time I will try a darker background and artificial lighting. I also realized trying to record multiple petri dishes at once is not such a good idea.

Something useful I learned with this timelapse is how difficult it can be to manipulate the slime mold. I tried using different arrangements and amounts of oat in each dish but at the end every dish turned out different than expected.