How do I apply for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Urban Planning
If you are interested in fundamental issues of Urban Planning and wish to acquire expertise in the public management of urban development and developing new formats and practical, innovative urban and spatial planning tools, then you are an ideal candidate for this Bachelor of Science.
To gain admission to Bachelor of Science in Urban Planning, candidates must have a general university entrance qualification and past an aptitude assessment test.
Students may only enrol in the winter semester.
Application to participate in the aptitude assessment test
Please submit all required application materials by post to:
- Bachelor Urbanistik -
Submissions by fax or e-mail are not accepted.
Aptitude assessment test
To apply for participation in the aptitude assessment test, please submit the following documents:
- Letter of application (no form necessary)
- Completed and signed online application form (submissions are now being accepted)
- CV in tabular form
- Letter of motivation, max. one page (DIN A4), describing your academic and professional goals
- Certified copy of your university entrance qualification (translated in German)
- Details regarding your prior education, particularly any preparations you have made for university study (in list form with certificates/references if possible; no portfolios please!)
- For international applicants: Proof of language proficiency for university study in Germany (DSH-2)
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope (size DIN C6) for notification of acceptance
Your physical presence at the Faculty of Architecture is required in order to participate in the tests and interview.
The application deadline for participation in the next aptitude assessment test is 15 July, which means the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar must receive all your documents by 15 July at the latest, regardless of the postmark.
The aptitude assessments are carried out in Weimar during the second half of July. Invitations to interviews are sent to the candidates in advance.
Students may only enrol in the Bachelor of Science in Urban Planning after passing the aptitude assessment test. The assessment results are sent to the candidates shortly after they complete the second part of the test.
The enrolment period ends on 30 September. For more information about enrolment procedures, click h.ere
The assessments are valid for two academic years, i.e. the academic year for which the candidate has applied for enrolment and the year thereafter.
If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to contact our faculty advisors.