Pure Data Convention 2011 – A festival of programmed music and art
|Error creating thumbnail: |
libgomp: Thread creation failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
Lecture Plug-in your cam, IOhannes zmölnig
The Pure Data convention is an event where users and developers of the open-source programming environment Pure Data meet, discuss and present their research and artworks. It consists of
- A Conference program with peer-reviewed paper presentations
- Workshops for in-depth instructions from professionals aimed at interested beginners, ambitioned users and specialists.
- Concerts and Performances with music made with Pure Data
- An Exhibition of artworks and installations
The convention took place in Weimar, Germany from August 8th to 12th and continued in Berlin the 13th and 14th. After Graz (2004), Montréal (2007) and São Paulo (2009) it has been the fourth installment of this event. More than 140 participants from 26 countries were registered. The close collaboration between Bauhaus-University and Music Academy Franz Liszt where computer science, music, media-arts and media-culture meet had created the perfect environment. Weimar is a small city with 65.000 inhabitants but many venues and places of interest. It is small enough not to get lost or to loose much time in transportation from one place to another. Read the Testimonials of our visitors to get an impression on how people liked it.
Want to know where the next Pure Data Convention will take place? Subscribe to the Pd-Announce Mailinglist
Social Media + Promotion
- follow us on twitter use hashtag #PdCon11
- Facebook Pd Convention event page
- Facebook Bauhaus Summer School event page
4th international Pure Data Convention 2011 Weimar ~ Berlin