»Deep Dive Design Thinking«
Design Thinking is a process for creating elegant user-centered solutions in multidisciplinary teams. But it’s much more than that: it is a mindset — another way of tackling challenges: empathetic and hands-on. Don’t talk, do! Implemented in daily work, the problem-solving potential of Design Thinking finds its expression in the form of a living innovation culture. This is even more the case when truly desireable solutions are sought. How this works in detail can be experienced in this workshop. In this two weeks you will experience and learn core competencies for your work in creative and innovative fields.
Go through the whole Design Thinking process in small teams
You will go through the whole Design Thinking process multiple times in small teams. It starts with understanding the challenge, doing field research, to find a point of view; ideate on your insights to create prototypes and test your solution with users. You and your team are the most valuable resources. It is important to broach conflicts, create dynamics and make use of the different team competences for the right tasks. Therefore, we give guidance and tutorials full of creative methods — like idea-typing and brainswarming — which you will use freely and extensively to provoke a lot of ideas.
Don’t worry, just be curious!
Design Thinking is structured, quick and dirty. It is always time-timed, which enforces quick decision making, in order to push for wild and spontaneous ideas. This mood is perfect to come up with truly innovative solutions for products or services. The goal is to become empathetic with your user and create the perfect solution. You will work with your head and with your hands. That means no computer, no endless lectures, no powerpoint slides, no e-mails and no documents, but a lot of movement, interaction, intuition, fun and an ocean of post-its. Don’t worry, just be curious!
You will gain deep insights and hands-on-experience with Design Thinking. Results of the workshop are a comprehensive, well-informed, user-centered solution with various prototypes.
The course language is English.
Please contact us if you would like personal consultation. We will be happy to help you.
Julius Falk | www.ex-labs.de
- 2019: Co-Founder EX Labs - Employee Experience Lab, Berlin, Germany
- 2015: Co-Founder Luftmenschen - Design Thinking Collective Berlin, Germany
- 2015 - 2016: Basic & Advanced Track, HPI School of Design Thinking, Potsdam, Germany
- 2013 - 2015: Founding Member Lucia Publishing, Weimar
- 2012 - 2015: M.A. Medienmanagement, Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- 2008 - 2011: B.Sc. European Business Administration, University of Bamberg & Corvinus University Budapest
1. Online Registration
In order to register, please complete our registration form.
Please submit the following documents by 1 May 2020 as a pdf file via email.
- Curriculum vitae | max. two pages
- English language certificate | at least level B1 or
- Letter of motivation | Why did you choose this course? - max. 500 words
- | Please take the online test (duration: ca. 10 min.) and add a screenshot of the results to your application document
Please note the following points:
- Only one pdf file (max. 5 MB)
- Email with subject »Application [COURSE TITLE]«
- Name of PDF file »[COURSE TITLE]_family name_first Name«
ONLY COMPLETE AND CORRECTLY NAMED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
3. Selection Process
All applicants will receive admission notification by 1 June 2020 via e-mail. In case of a positive answer you will receive the invoice simultaneously which you will have to pay within 10 days. If applicants fail to do this, places will be given to others on the waiting list.
If you need a VISA, we recommend you to get informed now about the requirements and to make an appointment with the German embassy in your home country.
A maximum of 18 applicants will be selected to participate in this course.