»Deep Dive Design Thinking«
Design innovative, user-centred products – with creative techniques, LoFi prototypes, teamwork and lots of fun!
Design Thinking is a process for creating elegant user-centred solutions in multidisciplinary teams. But it’s much more than that: it is a mind-set — another way of tackling challenges: empathetic and hands-on. Implemented in daily work, the problem-solving potential of Design Thinking unfolds into a living innovation culture. A perfect tool when holistic and user-oriented solutions are needed!
Don't just talk, do it!
This two-week intensive course will give you a deep insight into how the Design Thinking-method works in detail. In the workshop you will not only learn how to use and apply this method – but in becoming active yourself by working on an exciting project as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will also acquire the core competencies for working in innovative and creative professions.
Experience & learn the Design Thinking process in small teams
Together we will go through all stages of the Design Thinking process: From the analysis of the problem to field research, idea generation, prototyping and testing to a concrete solution. Teamwork is particularly important here: How can we create and use dynamics, how can we handle and solve conflicts, how can we use the competencies of each team member most effectively? The experienced course instructors will help you with that by sharing with you a broad offer of creative methods, from idea typing to brain warming – exercises full of interaction, fun and intuition.
Design Thinking – a hands-on job
Design Thinking is structured, quick and hands-on. It is always time-timed, which enforces quick decision making, in order to push for wild and spontaneous ideas. This mood is perfect to come up with truly innovative solutions for products or services. We will work with our heads and hands. That means no computer, no endless lectures, no powerpoint slides, no e-mails and no documents, but lots of movement, interaction, intuition and fun – and a sea of post-its.
At the end of the two weeks, you will have gained a deep insight into the entire Design Thinking process, developed a self-created, innovative solution with experienced support, learned exciting creative methods, acquired innovative problem solving methods, sharpened your team skills – and much more!
Julius Falk | www.ex-labs.de
- 2019: Co-Founder EX Labs - Employee Experience Lab, Berlin, Germany
- 2015: Co-Founder Luftmenschen - Design Thinking Collective Berlin, Germany
- 2015 - 2016: Basic & Advanced Track, HPI School of Design Thinking, Potsdam, Germany
- 2013 - 2015: Founding Member Lucia Publishing, Weimar
- 2012 - 2015: M.A. Medienmanagement, Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- 2008 - 2011: B.Sc. European Business Administration, University of Bamberg & Corvinus University Budapest
1. Online Registration
In order to register, please complete our registration form.
Please submit the following documents by 1 May 2020 as a pdf file via email.
- Curriculum vitae | max. two pages
- English language certificate | at least level B1 or
- Letter of motivation | Why did you choose this course? - max. 500 words
- | Please take the online test (duration: ca. 10 min.) and add a screenshot of the results to your application document
Please note the following points:
- Only one pdf file (max. 5 MB)
- Email with subject »Application [COURSE TITLE]«
- Name of PDF file »[COURSE TITLE]_family name_first Name«
ONLY COMPLETE AND CORRECTLY NAMED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
3. Selection Process
All applicants will receive admission notification by 1 June 2020 via e-mail. In case of a positive answer you will receive the invoice simultaneously which you will have to pay within 10 days. If applicants fail to do this, places will be given to others on the waiting list.
If you need a VISA, we recommend you to get informed now about the requirements and to make an appointment with the German embassy in your home country.
A maximum of 18 applicants will be selected to participate in this course.
»Deep Dive Design Thinking«
For further information all around the Bauhaus Summer School feel free to check our FAQ.
Are you looking for accommodation for your stay in Weimar? Then look no further! Reserve a room with us!