»The Coloured Glaze for Architectural Ceramics«
Explore the creative potential through experimentation
Architectural ceramics is one of the oldest building materials. This seminar sheds a light on its historical and contemporary utilisation and explores the creative potential of coloured glaze for ceramics through experimentation.
Through your own series of experiments, you will design new glazes and acquire the basic knowledge for their production!
Since we are opposed to the ever-homogeneous colour palette of industrial mass products, we will instead explore a rich and diverse world of colour by experimenting with production Methods. For this purpose, you will work in interdisciplinary teams consisting of students of architecture and geochemistry. Together you will examine the specific characteristics of the substances used for the glazes and create design concepts based on your findings. Each team will then develop their own ideas for recipes using design and chemical parameters and then check them in several test series.
The glazed test samples will display a vast array of new creations and constitute the basis of your own colour palette.
- Basic knowledge for the development of ceramic glazes
- Sensitization for the design of building materials
- Experimental and interdisciplinary work
The course language is English.
Please contact us if you would like personal consultation. We will be happy to help you.
- since 2018 | Co-worker in the family-owned architectural office
- 2013-2017 | Collaboration with Bruno Fioretti Marquez Architects in Berlin
- 2014-2017 | Master of Architecture at the Technische Universität Berlin
- 2009-2013 | Bachelor of Architecture at the Technical University of Munich and Artesis Antwerp
- since 2018 | Scientific collaboration with Professor Mario José Gutiérrez Marquez, Bauhaus-Universität-Weimar
- 2015 - 2018 | Co-worker in the office Pool Architekten, Zurich
- 2010 - 2015 | Collaboration in the office of Bruno Fioretti Marquez Architekten, Berlin
- 2009 - 2011 | Self-employed activity, realisation Casa Bellando, Liguria
- 2009 - 2010 | Scientific Author, "Urban Planning for Mussolini", Editor Prof. Harald Bodenschatz
- 2006 - 2007 | Student assistant, Chair of Design and Construction Prof. Donatella Fioretti and Prof. Luis Feduchi
- 2005 - 2006 | Working student at the Artgineering office, Rotterdam
- 2004 - 2005 | Erasmus Scholarship TU-Delft, Netherlands
- 2001 - 2008 | Architectural studies TU-Berlin
1. Online Registration
In order to register, please complete our registration form.
Please submit the following documents by 1 May 2020 as a pdf file via email.
- Curriculum vitae (max. two pages)
- English language certificate: at least level B1 or comparable
- Letter of motivation: Why did you choose this course? - max. 500 words
Please note the following points:
- Only one pdf file (max. 5 MB)
- Email with subject »Application [COURSE TITLE]«
- Name of PDF file »[COURSE TITLE]_family name_first Name«
ONLY COMPLETE AND CORRECTLY NAMED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
3. Selection Process
All applicants will receive admission notification by 1 June 2020 via e-mail. In case of a positive answer you will receive the invoice simultaneously which you will have to pay within 10 days. If applicants fail to do this, places will be given to others on the waiting list.
If you need a VISA, we recommend you to get informed now about the requirements and to make an appointment with the German embassy in your home country.
A maximum of 25 applicants will be selected to participate in this course.