»The Architectural Space in Photography«
Expand your ability to deal with architectural space and its photographic depiction and learn how to apply photographic styles.
This workshop aims to sensitize visual perception of architectural space and to use photography as a conscious tool to evoke reactions of the viewer. Participants will create and edit a photoseries on an architectural topic in or around Weimar. Prior to finding and creating an own work, representative works of known photographers will be shown and individual introductions to each participants camera systems will be given.
Daily group discussions on the content and technical aspects of each participants' idea and the postproduction possibilities in Adobe Photoshop will ensure individual support throughout the class.
The course language is English.
Please contact us if you would like personal consultaion. We will be happy to help you.
This course addresses students of architecture, photography, art and design and everyone else who is interested.
The course language in English. Therefore good command of English is required.
requirements for participation:
- your own camera
- basic knowledge about Adobe Photoshop / RAW convertion
- laptop computer
- final presentation / screening on the last day of the class and submission of the results
- born 1979 in Homberg-Efze
- studies of photography/communication design at University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Hannover/ Germany and Academy of the Arts in Reykjavík/Iceland
- work as a professional photographer for clients such as GEO, Bloomberg Businessweek, The Weekender and others
- lecturer for photography at Akademie Deutsche Pop in Berlin/Germany since 2008
- numerous international exhibitions with artistic personal work (more information on website)
- born 1973 in Hannover
- studies of photography/communication design at University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Hannover/Germany and at Hiroshima City University/Japan
- 16 years of experience as a professional photographer for clients such as the New York Times, Federal Office for Building, Geo and others
- 6 years teaching experince at institutions such ETH Zürich, Berlin Weissensee School of Arts and University of Applied Sciences Augsburg
- numerous awards and exhibitions worldwide with artistic personal work (more information on website)
- Guest Professorship at Weissensee School of Arts
In order to register, please complete our registration form.
Please submit the following documents by 1 May 2018 as a pdf file via email.
- Curriculum vitae: max. two pages
- English language certificate: at least level B1 or comparable
- Letter of motivation: Why did you choose this course? - max. 500 words
- Portfolio: present two projects of your work with at least 6 pictures
Please note the following points:
- Only one pdf file (max. 5 MB)
- Email with subject »Application Photography«
- Name of pdf file »Photography_family name_first name«
ONLY COMPLETE AND CORRECTLY NAMED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
3. Selection Process
All applicants will receive admission notification by 1 June 2018 via e-mail. In case of a positive answer you will receive the invoice simultaneously which you will have to pay within 10 days. If applicants fail to do this, places will be given to others on the waiting list.
If you need a VISA, we recommend you to get informed now about the requirements and to make an appointment with the German embassy in your home country.
A maximum of 20 applicants will be selected to participate in this course.
The course fee includes: