Many students in Germany live in student halls. In cooperation with the Thuringia Student Services, we can offer you a single room in shared flats which include a kitchen and bathroom.
Apartments are equipped with basic furnishings (bed, closet, etc.). They are equipped with (coin-operated) washing machines and dryers. Please note: In student halls cooking utensils are generally not provided. In your room you will find one plate, one cup, one glass, and cutlery only. You can lock your room.
The Bauhaus-Universität Weimar sits in the city centre. Although only some of the student halls are centrally located, none of them are further than a 30-minute walk from the city centre (see map). In addition, you can use your summer school student ID to ride the city buses free of charge.
Cost per person
STUDENT HALL room rates correspond to the length of your stay
- includes Internet in your room (with your computer & LAN cable)
- includes sheets, pillow and blanket - Please bring your own towels!
- but does not include towels
|2 weeks||Aug 04 – Aug 18:||210 EURO|
|2 weeks||Aug 18 – Sep 01:||210 EURO|
|4 weeks||Aug 04 – Sep 01:||310 EURO|
- an additional security deposit of 50 EURO for the room key which will be paid back to you when you return the room key.
Depending on availability, extensions are possible. Please ask as soon as possible!
Good to Know
- If you book a room with us we will guarantee to provide a room for you while taking part in our summer courses. If we cannot provide enough rooms in a room category your requested room category might change and following the price will be changed.
- Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The earlier you register, the more likely we can give you the kind of accommodation you desire.
- We will inform you if we CANNOT place you in the accommodation of your choice and whether the accommodation we have costs more or less than what you requested.
- Additional fees and refunds created by a change of categories will be settled in cash in the first course week in the Course Office.
- We will tell you your exact address when you arrive.
- Use our shuttle service free of charge on the day of arrival. We will take you and your luggage directly to your accommodation.
- You should move out of your residence on day of departure. Residences must be vacated no later than 15.00 on the day of departure. Please plan your travel arrangements accordingly.