Most students in Germany live in shared apartments. Often, 2-6 people share one apartment. Although the kitchen and bathroom are shared, everyone has his/her own room. Since many students do not spend the summer in Weimar, they rent their rooms for this period to the Bauhaus Summer School. These Apartments are available to you during your stay.
Life in a shared apartment provides an authentic slice of life in Germany and gives you the opportunity to become better acquainted with German culture. Shared apartments are well appointed.
Life in a shared apartment is often friendly and familiar. Respect for and trust in the other roommates are important values for everyone. As a rule, rooms can't be locked, but this has never been a problem in the past. Even household responsibilities are shared between the serveral flatmates. As a temporary flat mate please make sure that you too take care of cleanliness and careful teatment of the household objects.
The Bauhaus-Universität Weimar sits in the city centre. Most apartments are centrally located.
The room reservation can be done during your registration. Please contact us if you would like personal consultation. We will be happy to help you.
Cost per person
SHARED APARTMENT room rates correspond to the length of your stay
- includes Internet in your room (with your computer)
- includes sheets, pillow and blanket
- but does not include towels
|2 weeks||Aug 03 – Aug 17:||250 EURO|
|2 weeks||Aug 17 – Aug 31:||250 EURO|
|4 weeks||Aug 03 – Aug 31:||350 EURO|
- an additional security deposit of 50 EURO for the room key which will be paid back to you when you return the room key.
Depending on availability, double rooms and extensions can also be provided upon request. Please ask as soon as possible!
Good to Know
- If you book a room with us we will guarantee to provide a room for you while taking part in our summer courses. If we cannot provide enough rooms in a room category your requested room category might change and following the price will be changed.
- Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The earlier you register, the more likely we can give you the kind of accommodation you desire.
- We will inform you if we CANNOT place you in the accommodation of your choice and whether the accommodation we have costs more or less than what you requested.
- Additional fees and refunds created by a change of categories will be settled in cash in the first course week in the Course Office.
- We will tell you your exact address when you arrive.
- Use our shuttle service free of charge on the day of arrival. We will take you and your luggage directly to your accommodation.
- You should move out of your residence on day of departure. Residences must be vacated no later than 15.00 on the day of departure. Please plan your travel arrangements accordingly.