Low Budget Room
Many students in Germany live in student halls. In cooperation with the Thuringia Student Services, we can offer you a single room in shared flats which include a kitchen and bathroom.
Apartments are equipped with basic furnishings (bed, closet, etc.). They are equipped with (coin-operated) washing machines and dryers. Please note: In student halls cooking utensils and dishes are not provided. You can lock your room.
Pillow and blanket will be provided. Please bring your own bed linen and towels.
The Bauhaus-Universität Weimar sits in the city centre. Although only some of the student halls are centrally located, none of them are further than a 45-minute walk from the city centre (see map). In addition, you can use your summer school student ID to ride the city buses free of charge.
Good to Know
- If you book a room with us we will guarantee to provide a room for you while taking part in our summer courses. If we cannot provide enough rooms in a room category your requested room category might change and following the price will be changed.
- Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The earlier you register, the more likely we can give you the kind of accommodation you desire.
- We will inform you if we CANNOT place you in the accommodation of your choice and whether the accommodation we have costs more or less than what you requested.
- Additional fees and refunds created by a change of categories will be settled in cash in the Course Office.
- We will tell you your exact address when you arrive.
- Use our shuttle service free of charge on the day of arrival. We will take you and your luggage directly to your accommodation.
- You should move out of your residence on day of departure. Residences must be vacated no later than 15.00 on the day of departure. Please plan your travel arrangements accordingly.