Perceive, analyse, experiment and: Create!
Points, lines and areas as a starting point of the bauhaus foundation course create in their interplay space arrangements. In combination with material, textures, light or colour they evolve into characteristic places.
We start with dot, line and composition in two-dimensional exercises. These experiences will be transferred into the three-dimensional area and expanded with materiality, light and colour. In the alternating process of perception, analysis, experiment and creation, basic rules of design and specified architectural space design will be derived. The visual and haptic cognition is the source for the design of several architectural models.
Reflective information about theories and works of Bauhaus masters, shown also on original places, gives the unique chance to transform the design language and teaching concepts of the historical school into the present. Based on detailed perception of the tangible place of the Weimar Bauhaus buildings you will create a transportable "Raum-Book "- a kind of threedimensional diary of the two weeks Bauhaus experience.
The course language is English.
Please contact us if you would like personal consultation. We will be happy to help you.
Gabriele Fecher, M.A.
- 1958 born in Würzburg, Germany
- 1989 Master Fine Arts (M.A.)
- 1986 Paedagogics (Diplom)
- 2009 - 2014 Guestprofessor Samsung Art- and Design Institute Seoul, Korea
- 1996 - 2005 Head of private Artschool
- since 1988 exhibitions and workshops
- development of creative products
- lives and works as an artist, artpaedagogue and designer in Weimar and Berlin
Dr. Luise Nerlich
- 1977 born in Weimar, Germany
- 2002 diploma in architecture at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- 2008 PhD at the Bauhaus University Weimar (design basics in architecture and music)
- since 2012 research associate at the Chair Building Morphology, Bauhaus University, Weimar
After successful completion of this course you will receive a certificate of participation. It will show the course title, the date and duration of the course, the number of contact hours as well as the main contents and topics.
Participants will earn 3 credit points (ECTS) if they present a detailed design proposal and a concept paper at the end of the course.
The course takes place all day from Monday until Friday. It is necessary to attend at least 80% of the course lessons to receive credit points.
Prior to your participation, it is essential that you clarify whether your home university will recognise the foreign credits you intend to earn.
In order to register, please complete our registration form.
Please submit the following documents by 1 May 2017 as one pdf document via email:
- Curriculum vitae (max. two pages)
- English language certificate: at least level B1 or comparable
- Letter of motivation: Why did you choose this course? - max. 500 words
Please note the following points:
- All application documents submitted as one pdf document (max. 5 MB)
- Name of pdf document »Bauhaus_In.Sight_family name_first name«
- Email with subject »Application Bauhaus In.Sight«
Only complete and correctly named applications will be considered!
3. Selection Process
All applicants will receive admission notification by e-mail by 15 May 2017 and will have to confirm participation within 3 days. If applicants fail to do this, places will be given to others on the waiting list.
After you have confirmed your participation you will receive the invoice for your specialised course until the end of May.
If you need a VISA, we recommend to inform now about the requirements and to make an appointment with the German embassy in your home country.
A maximum of 18 applicants will be selected to participate in this course.
The course fee includes: