The course addresses students, alumni, and everyone who is open-minded, self-aware and interested in having fun and working in multidisciplinary teams.
Deep Dive Design Thinking
Design innovative, user-centred products – with creative techniques, LoFi prototypes, teamwork and lots of fun!
Design Thinking is a process for creating elegant user-centred solutions in multidisciplinary teams. But it’s much more than that: it is a mind-set — another way of tackling challenges: empathetic and hands-on. Implemented in daily work, the problem-solving potential of Design Thinking unfolds into a living innovation culture. A perfect tool when holistic and user-oriented solutions are needed!
Don't just talk, do it!
This two-week intensive course will give you a deep insight into how the Design Thinking-method works in detail. In the workshop you will not only learn how to use and apply this method – but in becoming active yourself by working on an exciting project as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will also acquire the core competencies for working in innovative and creative professions.
Experience & learn the Design Thinking process in small teams
Together we will go through all stages of the Design Thinking process: From the analysis of the problem to field research, idea generation, prototyping and testing to a concrete solution. Teamwork is particularly important here: How can we create and use dynamics, how can we handle and solve conflicts, how can we use the competencies of each team member most effectively? The experienced course instructors will help you with that by sharing with you a broad offer of creative methods, from idea typing to brain warming – exercises full of interaction, fun and intuition.
Design Thinking – a hands-on job
Design Thinking is structured, quick and hands-on. It is always time-timed, which enforces quick decision making, in order to push for wild and spontaneous ideas. This mood is perfect to come up with truly innovative solutions for products or services. We will work with our heads and hands. That means no computer, no endless lectures, no powerpoint slides, no e-mails and no documents, but lots of movement, interaction, intuition and fun – and a sea of post-its.
At the end of the two weeks, you will have gained a deep insight into the entire Design Thinking process, developed a self-created, innovative solution with experienced support, learned exciting creative methods, acquired innovative problem solving methods, sharpened your team skills – and much more!
Virtual Course Experience
In this virtual course you will learn in different ways: By studying a digital learning package, by working individually and in pairs on assignments, by working together with a team on a shared project together with a coach. It is an interactive journey and not a class where you just watch.
This course is learning by doing. You will work in teams and use collaboration tools like digital whiteboard. That is why it is essential that you have a computer with a camera and microphone, as well as a stable internet connection that supports video conferencing. Unfortunately using smartphones/tablets only is not enough to work together efficiently for this course.
Julius Falk | www.ex-labs.de
- 2019: Co-Founder EX Labs — Employee Experience Lab, Berlin, Germany
- 2015: Co-Founder Luftmenschen — Design Thinking Collective Berlin, Germany
- 2015 - 2016: Basic & Advanced Track, HPI School of Design Thinking, Potsdam, Germany
- 2013 - 2015: Gründungsmitglied Lucia Publishing, Weimar
- 2012 - 2015: M.A. Medienmanagement, Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- 2008 - 2011: B.Sc. European Business Administration, University of Bamberg & Corvinus University Budapest
1. Online Registration
Please register first in our system ► Registration
Please follow the instructions on the page.
Please submit until 01.05.22 the following documents:.
- Curriculum vitae | max. two pages
- English language certificate | at least level B1 or comparable
- Letter of motivation | Why did you choose this course? - max. 500 words
- Myer-Briggs Personality Test | Please take the online test (duration: ca. 10 min.) and add a screenshot of the results to your application document ► Go to Test!
- T-Profile: Please fill out your "T-Profile" and add it to your application document. You are free to be as creative as you like ► What is a T-Profil?
3. Selection Process
All applicants will receive notification about the outcome of the selection process as soon as possible via e-mail. In case of a positive answer you will receive the invoice simultaneously which you will have to pay within 10 days. If applicants fail to do this, places will be given to others on the waiting list.
If you need a VISA, we recommend you to get informed now about the requirements and to make an appointment with the German embassy in your home country.
A maximum of 18 applicants will be selected to participate in this course.
The course fee is 700 EURO.
The course fee includes:
- Orientation & Support
- Programme according to description
- Teaching materials
- Bauhaus Summer School ID card
- Internet access at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- Free use of library
- Accompanying programme (except excursions)
- Free entrance to museums belonging to Klassik Stiftung Weimar
You can also join the course online if you are unable to travel to Weimar.
Please note our terms and conditions (admission conditions, cancellation conditions etc.)