Terms and Conditions
- In general, we only admit participants who are 18 or older when the course starts. The project manager shall decide on any exceptions.
- When participants have to apply for a course, a jury selects the participants. Applicants have no automatic right to participation.
Only complete and correctly named applications will be considered if they were submitted by 31 October of the year or any other deadline set by the Bauhaus Spring School, in which the course takes place.
- A jury selects the scholarship holders. Applicants have no automatic right to financial support.
- Upon request, the Bauhaus Spring School will reserve accommodation in student housing as capacity allows.
- If the participant cannot be placed in the room category of his/her choice, additional fees and refunds have to be settled in the Course Office in the first week of the course.
- The accommodation fee and the key deposit must be paid together with the course fee.
- If the participant cancels his or her reservation less than 4 weeks prior to the course start, the Bauhaus Spring School reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the accommodation fee.
- The applicable house rules of the accommodation must be observed.
- The accommodation is only to be used by the registered participant to whom the room was allocated. It is not allowed to host overnight guests.
- The accommodation must be left in an orderly and clean state. The participant is liable for all damage occurred through his/her tenancy. Any damage must be reported immediately to the contact person (landlord/subletter or authorised person).
- Registration for excursions is binding.
- In the event of cancellation up to four weeks before the excursion takes place, the Bauhaus Spring School will retain a processing fee of 50% of the amount. Afterwards the full excursion fee will be retained.
- In the event of an insufficient number of participants for an excursion, the Bauhaus Spring School reserves the right to cancel the excursion up to two weeks before the excursion takes place. In such cases, advance payments will be reimbursed in full. No other claims can be made against the Bauhaus Spring School.
- The Bauhaus Spring School cannot provide any compensation for the cancellation of agreed services due to acts of God.
Insurance & Confidentiality
- The course participation does not include insurance coverage for participants.
- The participant is liable for any damages that he or she incurs.
- The Bauhaus Spring School cannot provide any compensation for the cancellation of agreed services due to higher force.
- The participant agrees that the Bauhaus Spring School records and handles his or her data for purposes of application, accounting and correspondence. The Bauhaus Spring School does not transfer data to a third party, except for purposes of visa application.
- The participant is responsible for communicating any change in personal data, in particular postal and e-mail addresses.
- The participant is responsible for obtainig all legal documents necessary for his or her stay in Germany. The Bauhaus Spring School assumes that the participant has entry clearance and a residence permit.
- The participant consents to receiving e-mail from the Bauhaus Spring School.
- For purposes of public relations the participant permits the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar to publish photos (both in print media and on the Internet), taken of him or her while participating at the Bauhaus Spring School.
- The participant learning online acknowledges that the services may enable or assist the access of, interact with from supported platforms and other third parties via third-party websites or resources on the internet (collectively, the “Third-Party Services”). When the participant accesses the Third-Party Services, he will do so at his own risk. Any use of Third-Party Services is governed solely by the terms and conditions of such Third-Party Services, and any contract entered into, or any transaction completed via any Third-Party Services, is between the participant and the relevant third party, and not Bauhaus Spring School. Bauhaus Spring School makes no representation and shall have no liability or obligation whatsoever in relation to the content or use of, or correspondence with, any such Third-Party Services or any transactions completed and any contract entered into by the participant with any such third party.
- Participants are responsible for a stable internet connection and technical equipment.
- Personal data of the participant that is processed in connection with the use of video call software will not be passed on to third parties.
- The participant is not permitted to make sound or video recordings of the online meeting.
- If it is necessary to record online meetings, the participants are informed transparently in advance and the consent will be asked.
- After his or her arrival in Weimar each participant will receive a Bauhaus Spring School ID card and a login card for internet access at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar. In cases of loss the Bauhaus Spring School will charge 10 EURO for every reissued card.
- Every participant agrees to use the information infrastructure of the Bauhaus-Unversität Weimar according to the Acceptable Use Policy.
- The programme is explicitly subject to alterations.
- The court of jurisdiction is in Weimar.
Please contact us if you would like personal consultation! We will be happy to help you.