The teamwork will be organized in two project phases:
- Concept development with sketches, conceptual 3D Integrated BIM models, and back-of-the-envelope calculations. Exploring alternative solutions in VR, and learning to evaluate them using a decision matrix approach to determine which of the alternatives to recommend to the client for further development.
- Project development focused on further iterations to improve the chosen concept, detailing, multi-disciplinary modeling and performance evaluation, 3D, 4D, nD modeling, immersive VR building experience and troubleshooting, cost-benefit analysis, life cycle cost projections.
we are glad to let you know that Bauhaus University will continue to offer an opportunity to students who are well prepared and highly motivated to participate as Life Cycle Financial Managers (LCFM), Architects and Civil Engineers in 2019/20 in the AEC Global Teamwork Project. The project is guided by Dr. Renate Fruchter from Stanford University.
The goals of the AEC project are to exercise:
- Multi-disciplinary, collaborative A/E/C/MEP/LCFM teamwork in the context of a building project.
- Apply discipline knowledge and acquired computer, coordination, and communication skills to design, model, plan, schedule, cost, and propose a university building
- Learn to manage the knowledge created by the team and document the evolution of your product, process, and ICT use.
Please have a look for further project details and past presentations on the website of the PBL Lab. Attached you will find the time schedule from last year, what should support you to indicate the necessary time and travel effort for the project. Dr. Norayr Badasayan, as former coach of the project, and myself, will offer a mandatory seminar probably in December/January that will prepare you for the respective role in the project. The project will be credited as Studienarbeit/study project with 12 ECTS. ”Auslandscredits” are fulfilled with the project.
1.Send your application documents that include
- One page statement of purpose (300-350 words) on why you should be considered for this year AEC Global Teamwork program
to email@example.com until October 6th 2019 (cutoff period).
2.Virtual interviews of the selected candidates probably around mid of October 2019.
3.Selection of the successful candidates until December 2019.
The selected candidates have to bear the costs of traveling to Stanford (for the kick-off meeting and the final presentation). The information about possible support scholarships must be checked in the International Office.
Looking forward to your applications