Intelligent algorithms for data mining and information retrieval are the key technology to cope with the information need challenges in our media-centered society. Methods for text-based information retrieval receive special attention, which results from the important role of written text, from the high availability of the World Wide Web, and from the enormous impact of Web communities and social media on our life.
The development of advanced information retrieval solutions requires the understanding and the combination of methods from different research areas, including machine learning, data mining, computer linguistics, artificial intelligence, user interaction and modeling, Web engineering, or distributed systems. This workshop provides a platform for presenting and discussing new solutions, novel ideas, or specific tools focusing on text-based information retrieval. The following list organizes classic and recent topics for which contributions are welcome, but are not limited to:
- Theory. Retrieval models, language models, similarity measures, formal analysis
- Web Search. Ranking and recommendation, indexing, semantic search, social search, query classification and segmentation, vertical search, authority
- Personalization and User Mining. Just-in-time retrieval, personalized retrieval, context detection, user profiling
- Multilinguality. Cross-language retrieval, parallel text mining
- Evaluation. Corpus construction, experiment design, performance measures
- Text Mining and Classification. Text reuse, topic identification, sentiment analysis, opinion mining, dynamic taxonomy generation
- NLP. Information extraction, text summarization and simplification, named entity recognition, question answering, representation learning
- Social Media Analysis. Social network analysis, trend analysis, information diffusion, short text retrieval
- Information Quality. Text quality assessment, quality-based ranking, readability assessment, trust and author reputation
- Big Data Text Analytics. Parallel and distributed retrieval, online algorithms, scalability
- Semantic Web. Meta data analysis and tagging, knowledge extraction, inference, maintenance
- Deep Learning. Natural language understanding, information retrieval
The workshop is held for the twelfth time. In the past, it was characterized by a stimulating atmosphere, and it attracted high quality contributions from all over the world.
Accepted papers will appear in the proceedings of DEXA’15 Workshops published by the Conference Publishing Services (CPS) of IEEE Computer Society.