Through the motion tracking system man could get basic information about one or more persons’ movements in the specific area. Normally these information describe the status of some important nodes of a person, such as head, arms, hip, feet and so on.
This article is mainly a step by step tutorial about different ways of accumulating motion data(such as the speed of a person or the expansion among three persons) into a single value. In the following examples, these simple values are visualised in a simple basic way in processing: changing the background color.
- Man has to calibrate the Tracking platform at first! Reference: Tracking Platform Calibration
- About how to use a single value getting from the Capture to control processing part, you could check the following tutorial by Yun Liu: Controlling Processing with the Captury
- One person mode: Calculating the root speed and visualizing this value by changing the background color.
- Groups of persons mode: Measuring the pairwise distances between root nodes of three persons.
- One person mode:
- Collecting the correlative data for the speed: Through the connecting of OSC[[OSC|Open Sound Control]] and Motion Tracking platform, the root position and the updated data of one person could be obtained.