|Line 13:||Line 13:|
The concept of the sound walk started with the intrigue of differently abled persons, especially people that need hearing aids. With technology, people that have problems with hearing are able to use devices to hear. Since 1600’s people have been using devices to enhance hearing.
How does it feel to have a different perception of space and sound? We use our ears for collecting sounds, processing them, sending sound signs to your brain, and they also help us maintain balance. How would you feel if suddenly you could not hear? Probably you would have to adapt to your new condition and experience the world in a totally different way. By giving the participants earplugs they are obliged to perceive the space and sounds in a different way.
INSIDE / OUTSIDE: The walk started with some small instructions on how the earplugs where meant to be used. In the first attempt the choice of using two or one of the plugs was possible, also the decision of taking them off was up to each person. The walk was intended for the exploration of inner space and outer space, including our own bodies as inner space.
In the second attempt of the sound walk users where instructed to use both earplugs and remove them in certain locations.
1. (Earplugs) Inner part of the building, staircases.
2. (Earplugs) Busy street, a lot of outer sounds.
3. (Earplugs) Parking lot, almost no noise.
4. (No earplugs) Busy plaza, a lot of outer sounds and people.
5. (No earplugs) Busy plaza, listening to sounds of the Theater. It is intended to do walks when the Orquestra is rehearsing.