Credits: 6 ECTS, 4 SWS
Date: Monday/ Montag 13:30 - 16:45
Venue: Marienstraße.5, Raum 201
First meeting: Monday, 17.10.2016 13:30, Marienstraße.5, Raum 201
How do machines sense their environment?
How can they act back on it?
What happens when traces of actions become the base of decisions?
This course teaches...
- basics of electronics
- a broad overview of easy to use sensors for pretty much everything you can think of
- control of motors and more unconventional actuators.
Using these, participants should construct program driven agents that interact with physical environments.
The course will be in English, unless all participants are speaking German.
No previous rogramming skills required.
Undergraduates and graduates enrolled in BfA+MfA MKMedienkultur/MGMediengestaltung →MKG, Media Architecture, FKFreie Kunst – a program at the faculty Gestaltung, VKVisuelle Kommunikation – a graphic design program at the faculty Gestaltung
Criteria for passing
In order to successfully participate you will have to:
- regularly attend the sessions and participate
- developme and document an experiment that relates to the topic
Application deadline for this course will be October 14, 2016.
NOTE: The application procedure may be subject to change due to our membership in the new faculty of Art and Design
To: melanie.birnschein [aet] uni-weimar.de
'Subject: Action/Perception/Machines that do /// Application
- Name, Surname
- Your study program (including name of study + master or bachelor)
- Your study semester (as of SSSommersemester – summer semester. Usually this is followed by the year. If not it could be something else. 2016)
- matriculation number (Matrikelnummer)
- Valid email address @uni-weimar.de
- Please write a few sentences about your motivation for joing the course and your skills/prior experience, so we know what you need and what you are interested in...