I fixed the issue I had with my last project. Now it works like I intended: I updated my first patcher by experimenting with the sound-text-video conversion. I copied the basic build for the jit.matrix object, that you can find when right clicking the objeckt and then clicking on help, where you can assign certain planes a value. I made it so that, in the window with each frequenz a different value blicks to the rhythm of the melodie.
Here is the fixed Patch: File:Für Elise 3.maxpat
I updated the patcher of player 2 with properly sounding morse code and visuals.
Player 1: File:Game Player 1.0.maxpat
Player 2: File:Game Player 2.0.maxpat
For my project of this semester I would like to continue and finish developing this “Two-Player Puzzle-game”. It would me played on two separate computers and with two separate players, which can only communicate through the message boxes of the objects “udpsend” and “udpreceive”. The players would have to solve different kinds of puzzles by cooperating with each other and exchanging information. They would go through multiple levels to get to the end of the game.
Here is how the game would work: Every level contains one puzzle but It is split into two parts, one for each of the players. For example Player two has the base information in his/her patcher that player one needs to understand his/her side of the puzzle. So, player two needs to convey this information to player one by writing it to him/her via the message boxes. Player one can then use this information to decode his/her side of the puzzle. This code (new information) then can be conveyed back to player two so he/she can use it get a key. With this the level is completed, the key unlocks the “door” to the next level and the two players can advance.
It would also be an interesting idea to make a “versus” version of this game, where two players go through the puzzles on their own and whoever is the fastest finishing the game wins.
Here are a few links to some interesting projects: