This page is a stub. Help us complete it! CHAOS is an early 2008 Mac Pro (Mac Pro 4.1).
Add photo here!
Students who take courses or make projects at the GMU are encouraged to use our computers.
Check out the Coders Corner for more info.
|Operating System||OS X, Version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)|
|CPU||2 x Quad-Core Intel, 8 Cores|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce GT 120|
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Also check out the specs + manuals published by Apple:
- Screen: Acer V223w (Specs)
- German Apple Keyboard
- Microsoft Mouse
There's a lot of software installed on the CHAOS computer. Please help us update the list! You can find an outdated list here.
Adobe Creative Suite 5
- After Effects CS5 (Video Compositing)
- Dreamweaver CS5 (Web Design)
- Illustrator CS5 (Vector Graphics)
- Photoshop CS5 (Pixel Graphics)
- Adobe InDesign
TODO: List of licensed software + Version
- Adobe Premier Pro
- Adobe InDesign
Free and Open-Source Software
TODO: List of installed Software + Version
- Sketch Up
If you want specific software or version of a software installed for your course or your project, please add it to the wishlist, or send an email to the admin.
- Fritzing, Arduino, Pd, Processing,
- Ableton Live 9 + Max/MSP
- Resolume Arena, MX Wendler, Modul8, Madmapper(!) (or any other software for videomapping)
- prepared frameworks for using Kinect with pd or Max/MSP for example: OSCeleton (OpenNI)
- Cinema4D or rhino ... (or other 3d-modelling-software)
The CHAOS computer is currently administrated by Martin Schneider.
Shoot him an email if the computer is up in flames.
Have you used this computer in one of your projects or artworks?
Add a link to the respective wiki page below!