I grew up with the fantasy that I must have something exotic deep inside me. People frequently asked me about my relatives, and I started to believe that I somehow belong to another soil than my motherland. Having the chance to work in a DIY Biolab, I decided to pursue my intersect feelings and I attended to analyze my DNA sequences, with the secret hope of discovering my own ethnicity extent and finding any connection with Asian pattern genome.
=> I got no results : either the ladder nor the DNA samples were "growing" as they should (multiple lines). So I decided to test the ladder only to see if there is a problem from the samples themselves or with the preparation (agarose + buffer TAE 50x+ distilled water) => #Second attempt
=> Same problem : the ladder was growing as one bloc only (see the little drawing). Even during a 2.2 attempt with new SERVA Stain G (which I thought it could be the problem, since the previous tube was quiet old). Then, I noticed that the positive side was turning in blue color and some part of the agarose gel was melting down. So I decided to test if this bleu color is coming from oxidation of the electrodes themselves, or if the ladder was "swimming" on the extra amount of solution (buffer TAE 50x + distilled water) above the agarose to reach the positive side => #Third attempt
=> Still turning bleu. Even with smaller electrodes that are completely covered by the solution (buffer TAE 50x + distilled water) So I decided to test if this oxidation is coming from the buffer or if it is simply a natural process => #Fourth attempt
=> First picture : distilled water only. Second picture : distilled water + buffer TAE 50x. No changes at all. So it might come from the SERVA Stain G (which is yellow-ish) or it is actually not a problem and does not affect on the electrophoresis itself.