Monday 14:00 - 17:00
Wednesday 14:00 - 17:00 ( except 27. Mai 2015)
Friday 14:00 - 17:00
Short introduction to our DIY Bio-Lab
Welcome to our DIY Bio-Lab at Bauhaus University Weimar
Before you start using our microscopes, the laminar flow bench or chemicals I ask you kindly to take two hours to prepare beforehand.
In these two hours, please
- read the manuals for the microscopes and understand how to use them
- watch two videos and learn how to use microliter pipettes
- get some basic vocabulary about lab- equipment
- read some recipes for the medium your organism needs
- and read the basic papers about your organism, before you start growing it.
→ 1. The manuals for the lab:
- das saubere Mikroskop 
- The Bresser Microscope (the big one)
these kind of pictures are possible with the Bresser microscope. Full rez SomeniceBacteria.JPG
another one of common mold spore heads. Full rez Moldondictyostelium.JPG
- The Masterflex microscope ("the small one") 
- The laminar flow bench 
→ 2. The videos about the microliter pipettes:
→ 3. We work mostly in English in the DIY Biolab. Please make sure to know your vocabulary!
→ 4. + 5. What kind of medium you want to prepare and what your organism needs you have to find out yourself.
Current Projects in the Lab
- The Bresser Microscope (the big one) 
- The Masterflex microscope (the small one) 
- The laminar flow bench